Husqvarna tractor brake pedal switch location

EricD

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a rider mover YTH18K46 (although the issue would apply to many similar models).

A vine caught on the brake pedal and pulled it back (towards me). After that happened, I was not able to keep the engine idling with the parking brake and, after shutting down the tractor, I am not able to restart it. There's no power going to the starter.

I suspect the clutch/brake switched got damaged or disconnected. I can locate the switch on the electric schematic but not on the more descriptive illustrations. So my question is, where is this switch physically located and what's the best way to access it?

Thanks in advance

EricD

Forum Newbie
Threads
Update: I located the switch below the gas tank, and found a small retainer clip sitting next to it. It must have popped off. Now I have to figure out how much needs to be taken apart to reattach it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Two places
Under the foot board working directly off the pedal
in the turrent connected to the brake locking lever.

EricD

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks. Problem solved.

The switch was OK but the part of the pedal assembly that presses on the switch was misaligned. Realigning it and replacing the retainer clip did the trick.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks. Problem solved.

The switch was OK but the part of the pedal assembly that presses on the switch was misaligned. Realigning it and replacing the retainer clip did the trick.

Fun spot to get at ain't it.