Husqvarna throttle adjustment

coinman66

Threads
My buddy has a Husqvarna mower with a Kohler Courage 24 hp Vtwin. When you move throttle position from lowest setting (idle) to up, engine doesnt increase rpms until lever is about half way up. Is this in need if adjustment, and if so how to do it?
Thanks

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The problem is a combination of slack in the throttle cable, governor spring tension or slack at idle, and the throw radius of the throttle control on the engine. The problem is by adjustment for one thing you screw up something else.. So basically you can't do much for it. I see this problem on Husqvarna, and poulan riders all the time. there really isn't a fix that I have found.

coinman66

Threads
The problem is a combination of slack in the throttle cable, governor spring tension or slack at idle, and the throw radius of the throttle control on the engine. The problem is by adjustment for one thing you screw up something else.. So basically you can't do much for it. I see this problem on Husqvarna, and poulan riders all the time. there really isn't a fix that I have found.

Can this affect mowing performance? Sometimes after 20-30 minutes of mowing, his deck seems to clog up and engine loses power and dies. Could it be that engine isn't set at high enough rpms to discharge grass properly?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It would effect rpm's to the deck, clogging could be related or not. Move the throttle to the full open position. loosen the bolt holding the clamp on the engine, and pull the cable to fully open the throttle, and then tighten the clamp back down.

If the clogged deck is pulling the engine down and killing it that is one thing, If he is loosing power and dying that is another.

coinman66

Threads
It would effect rpm's to the deck, clogging could be related or not. Move the throttle to the full open position. loosen the bolt holding the clamp on the engine, and pull the cable to fully open the throttle, and then tighten the clamp back down.

If the clogged deck is pulling the engine down and killing it that is one thing, If he is loosing power and dying that is another.

Hey we're all from Illinois. Just noticed. Lol. Yah I agree. Even if deck is clogged, engine shouldn't start running rough and die. So what would cause the engine to do that? He says if he disengage the PTO after a few minutes it comes out of it and runs better? The mower only has like 90 hrs on it. It's a Kohler Courage 24 vtwin

RoperGuy

Threads
Seem to me like you would need a throttle return spring, would keep the cable tight and I would think smother operation at the throttle control lever

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The rough running could be due to a fuel delivery problem. Something effecting the fuel solenoid on the carb, or clogged fuel filter, fuel line, or possible fuel pump problems.

It almost sounds like he is running short of fuel. And after disengaging the pto, the fuel system catches up.

coinman66

Threads
The rough running could be due to a fuel delivery problem. Something effecting the fuel solenoid on the carb, or clogged fuel filter, fuel line, or possible fuel pump problems.

It almost sounds like he is running short of fuel. And after disengaging the pto, the fuel system catches up.

Ok, kinda what I thought. Fuel tank is under the seat, and I think it has a fuel pump. Like I said, engine only has 90 hrs on it. Maybe I will clean carb and put new float needle valve in for him? Someone also suggested it could be a vacuum problem?
Thanks