Husqvarna RZ3016 Zero-turn Unavailable Belt

Alex Ethridge

Threads
On Husqvarna, what people refer to as the model number is actually more of a series number whereas the true model number is actually the product number.
Good to know, thanks.

Alex Ethridge

Threads
Threads
I've used Stens belts when I cannot get an OEM belt and have had good luck with them. OEM, is usually the best, but you pay more for them, so look at it this way, Stens belts are a little cheaper than an OEM belt, in fact you a can buy 3 Stens belts for the price of 2 OEM belts. You get what you pay for, so if it were me, i would buy 2 Stens belts and hang one on the wall, so I wouldn't have to stop and run to the dealer every time i had an issue with a belt. Stens really is a good belt for the money !

STEVES

Threads
Stens doesn't find 539120806 belt, no cross.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Aftermarket parts suppliers like Stens, Prime Line, Oregon & Rotary do carry an OEM equivalent for every belt ever used or made on or for a mower .
The wholesalers get the belts in bales , sold by weight .
For most non ZTR belts this means a minimum order quantity of some where between 200 & 1000 belts
Carrying a 200 stock inventory line for a belt that sells1 nation wide ( or even 50 nation wide ) is not economic which is why obsolete parts get discontinued once existing stock is exhausted and why you regularly see clearance sales .
My wholesalers probably flog off 100 or more product lines every year.
I buy a large quantity of some so I will have them is stock when no one else will which is the sort of thing that gains loyal customers .

Now Star gave you the dimensions for both part numbers 51.25 " or 47.5"
Both are 1/2" so get some 1/2 rope cut 2 pieces to those lengths and see which one fits best.
All of the aftermarket belt suppliers do a chart of "Belts by length" which is usually in the "Refference" or support sections of their web page or at worst in the catalogue which you might have to download and step through
I do this on a daily basis trying to find a belt to fit obsolete mowers or belt numbers that do not cross , which is why I use the Gates web page a lot to get both lengths widths and angles
Except on variable pitch pulley systems where you must fit the exact right belts and both at the same time. for the rest of the mowers you can usually get away with the next smallest size for transmissions .
A lot of belt retailers will do exactly this so if they list your 2 Husqvarna numbers, the 51.25" will be a strait 51" belt and the 47.5" belt would probably be replaced with a plain 47" belt for transmission or 48" for decks .

The problem with this is they are usually standard A section belts because that is cheap
The actual section is often different being L or V which have different depths and side angles and in may cases a different position of the reinforcements inside the belt
So while the outside length is right, the rest of the belt is wrong

Classic example is deck belts where the reinforcement strings are usually deeper & thicker than on hydro transmission belts and hydro belts with have different reinforcements to manual gearboxes

When I come across a belt that is now discontinued I go to the belt charts and find the nearest belt for the same use , so deck for decks & trans for trans.
Now what I do is decks get the nearest longer belt and transmissions get the next shorter belt

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Since this a non clutched drive belt then the Stens 265-392 which is 1/2 x 47-1/2 Raw edge belt should work.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
FWIW
Stens 265-392 is a 41.5" drive belt for a Snapper

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Hmmm that not what the Stens website is showing.
1691891094887.png
Briggs Power Portal is showing the following belt size for the 7075109YP
1691891329096.png

Last edited: