Husqvarna Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Hamman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Husqvarna Owner Check-In --- Read Thi

I got a YTH2042 TD 3 years ago and had very little trouble but as it gets older I suspect I might need some help.

Threads
Re: Husqvarna Owner Check-In --- Read Thi

I got a YTH2042 TD 3 years ago and had very little trouble but as it gets older I suspect I might need some help.

Well you came to the right place! :cool: Welcome to LawnWorld! :welcome:

lonestarjeff

Threads
I have been mowing for the last 15 years w/ my late-'90's Dixon 4223. It has been a great mower for my 2.5 acre yard & never given me cause to complain until the last couple. I have no right to complain though, considering the service it's given me. It has the original 14hp single cylinder B&S Vanguard engine. Only problem I've had w/ the engine was the compression relief stopped working, so the electric start needs help to kick it over. Only thing I've ever had to change on the engine is plug, air & oil filter, & the electric starter. The old Z-drive mechanical transmission lasted until about 5 years ago, so I changed the cups & cones one year then the small drive sprockets the next. Everything else on the mower is original...even the tires(2 of which I have to air up every time I use it :laughing:

Now that I've lovingly described the old Dixon let me say I've decided to retire it. :ashamed: I've wanted something w/ a bit wider cut for some time, but couldn't justify it w/ the old girl doing such a good job w/ no break-downs. I can tell she is at that point of needing something done just about every season, so I've decided to bite the bullet & order a new Husky. I'm leaning toward the MZ-5424S w/ Kawasaki engine.

I'll make some pics of the old Dixon & of the MZ when it arrives & post them.

Jeff

Tseg

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi. Just bought my first Husqvarna - 7021P 2013 model and have been playing around with it for a week. I have a small yard and was actually considering getting the top of the line Fiskers reel mower. What was I thinking? Actually placed an online order for it then cancelled.

I hope to get years of wonderful service from the 7021P. Starts on the first pull so off to a good start. Observations on 2013 model vs. prior year model:

• Comes with real mulcher blade with the deep serations at each end
  • Does not have crossbar half way up handle and they threw in some nuts and bolts to secure handle near base - seems sturdy anyway
  • Has nice durable rubber handles on safety bar - should prevent finger pinching - nice thick quality comfortable grip
  • Rear wheels no longer have real tri-spokes, just indents to make it look like spokes
Other than that, looks like it is the same. My grass is still fairly dormant so no real assessment how it actually performs. Based off reviews the Honda engine is rock-solid and as long as the wheels didn't get bent/damaged during shipment (mine did not), it should be a long term quality machine. I look forward to reading these forums... any particular mulching tips/tricks? I read an article that the DuPont estate now even mulch-mows their Fall leaves... looks a bit crappy in the Fall but supposedly all is decomposed by the Spring. I'm coming from a 12 year old electric Cub Cadet mower that just did not have enough power and RPM to mulch effectively, despite its original claims. The breaker on the mower tripped every 10 minutes for the last 4 years so finally got tired of having to take a 5 minute break every 10 minutes to let it cool. Things hopefully will go much smoother and quicker now.

smcgill

Threads
Day late dollar short!

I'm a little late saying hello! Hello :giggle:
I'm from mass!
I just saw this and figured I should respond.
I have a Husky YTH1848XP, with bagger.
I mow 1 acre , sort of flat and tow a small trailer for fire wood , mulch etc.
I've replaced the oem carb (to much money for new) with and older model.
I've also installed tubes in all my tires! Learned about hydro trans in process ( don't ask )
Unit works great.
I do find this forum very usefull!
Thanks
sean

Threads
I have been mowing for the last 15 years w/ my late-'90's Dixon 4223. It has been a great mower for my 2.5 acre yard & never given me cause to complain until the last couple. I have no right to complain though, considering the service it's given me. It has the original 14hp single cylinder B&S Vanguard engine. Only problem I've had w/ the engine was the compression relief stopped working, so the electric start needs help to kick it over. Only thing I've ever had to change on the engine is plug, air & oil filter, & the electric starter. The old Z-drive mechanical transmission lasted until about 5 years ago, so I changed the cups & cones one year then the small drive sprockets the next. Everything else on the mower is original...even the tires(2 of which I have to air up every time I use it :laughing:

Now that I've lovingly described the old Dixon let me say I've decided to retire it. :ashamed: I've wanted something w/ a bit wider cut for some time, but couldn't justify it w/ the old girl doing such a good job w/ no break-downs. I can tell she is at that point of needing something done just about every season, so I've decided to bite the bullet & order a new Husky. I'm leaning toward the MZ-5424S w/ Kawasaki engine.

I'll make some pics of the old Dixon & of the MZ when it arrives & post them.

Jeff

:welcome: Welcome to LawnWorld....can't wait to see some pictures! :thumbsup:

Threads
Hi. Just bought my first Husqvarna - 7021P 2013 model and have been playing around with it for a week. I have a small yard and was actually considering getting the top of the line Fiskers reel mower. What was I thinking? Actually placed an online order for it then cancelled.

I hope to get years of wonderful service from the 7021P. Starts on the first pull so off to a good start. Observations on 2013 model vs. prior year model:

• Comes with real mulcher blade with the deep serations at each end
  • Does not have crossbar half way up handle and they threw in some nuts and bolts to secure handle near base - seems sturdy anyway
  • Has nice durable rubber handles on safety bar - should prevent finger pinching - nice thick quality comfortable grip
  • Rear wheels no longer have real tri-spokes, just indents to make it look like spokes
Other than that, looks like it is the same. My grass is still fairly dormant so no real assessment how it actually performs. Based off reviews the Honda engine is rock-solid and as long as the wheels didn't get bent/damaged during shipment (mine did not), it should be a long term quality machine. I look forward to reading these forums... any particular mulching tips/tricks? I read an article that the DuPont estate now even mulch-mows their Fall leaves... looks a bit crappy in the Fall but supposedly all is decomposed by the Spring. I'm coming from a 12 year old electric Cub Cadet mower that just did not have enough power and RPM to mulch effectively, despite its original claims. The breaker on the mower tripped every 10 minutes for the last 4 years so finally got tired of having to take a 5 minute break every 10 minutes to let it cool. Things hopefully will go much smoother and quicker now.

:welcome: Welcome to LawnWorld! I hope you get many years out of your mower...and I like how it has the Honda engine! :thumbsup:

Threads
Re: Day late dollar short!

I'm a little late saying hello! Hello :giggle:
I'm from mass!
I just saw this and figured I should respond.
I have a Husky YTH1848XP, with bagger.
I mow 1 acre , sort of flat and tow a small trailer for fire wood , mulch etc.
I've replaced the oem carb (to much money for new) with and older model.
I've also installed tubes in all my tires! Learned about hydro trans in process ( don't ask )
Unit works great.
I do find this forum very usefull!
Thanks
sean

:welcome: Welcome to the forum! :smile:

TnHusky

Threads
Welcome to all the new guys, I was once all alone and lost in the lawnmower world, then on a whim I clicked Google and here it was. The Lawn Mower Forum of course :thumbsup: What else would I be talking about. You guys will like this place, plenty of stuff here. Post pictures when you can, thanks.

DucST4

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello from Georgia. Just checking in. I have a 4 acre lot and cut maybe 2-3 acres. I purchased a RZ5424 w/Kaw engine last year. I was shoping for a 48" but the dealer had some 2011 mowers and was wanting to move them. Great mower, handles my slightly sloping lot with ease. It reduced my seat time from 5-6 cd's to 2-3 cd's. This is a good forum, friendly and good info.