Husqvarna MZ61 vs Bad Boy ZT Elite 60"

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well I decided on the Dixon Ram Ultra 61". It's a new 2013 model that I am getting for $4500 out the door. It seems to be almost exactly the same as the former Husky mz6128 except for engine. Positives: price, 3400 Hydros, bigger tires than the mz or bad boy zt. Negatives: courage engine, aluminum spindles, not a commonly owned brand. It looks like cast iron spindles are a direct replacement, though. I see several on eBay for decent prices.

That is a VERY GOOD deal on that Dixon and I think you will be pleased with it. Yeah, Husqvarna implemented a LOT of Dixon features(and parts) on their MZ lineup. And as I recall, the major design flaw on the Kohler Courage engines was on the single cylinder models(not the V-Twin on your Dixon). If you take care of it and change the oil/filter every 50 hours I think it will serve you well. I would still get a Kohler before I bought a Briggs. It would have been nice if you could have gotten into the DX100 with the Kawa Commercial engine and Commercial Aluminum spindle upgrades, but the best OTD price I could get from my dealer on a 2012 52" was $6,391. Like I said, for $4,500 you got a very nice high-end Residential ZTR!!! Please keep us posted as to how you like it after using it for a while and post a picture(we wanna see it:0)

Dixon was on of the first ZTR's and I consider them a "better Husqvarna"....which is a good machine in-and-of-itself. Congratulations, I think you're gonna be very happy with it!!!!!

Heus

Threads
Here is a picture of it. All muddy from mowing a little in my wet yard.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 32

serelaw

Threads
Heus,
Looks like you can unscrew and screw in a grease fitting in the front axles also.. A plus.
Unless you have to pull and press one in. People prefer to tap the hole if it is a press fit tho.
I sat on some Exmarks yesterday and the Dixon/Husky had way more leg room out front.