Husqvarna M-ZT 52" vs Kubota Kammander ZG127 ?

csm2623

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anybody know much about these units and can help me in a purchasing decision.
On my search to get a Zero Turn, never had one and want something to last a long time.
I have narrowed these down on paper and like qualities for each; but, don't know more than that on them.
Currently mowing 2.5 acres only a couple of real sloped spots near road and front of house, not big, lots of trees.
I am using a couple of cub-cadets, a real one from the past and one from homedepot 1550 that bogs down on the slight sloped yard.

Thanks for any input.
Charlie
PS: I do have a Compact Kubota B3200HSD (not for mowing):smile:

Threads
I moved your thread to the Mower Buying & Pricing Forum since the Husqvarna is only one of the mowers you are looking at.
Good luck! :smile:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Anybody know much about these units and can help me in a purchasing decision.
On my search to get a Zero Turn, never had one and want something to last a long time.
I have narrowed these down on paper and like qualities for each; but, don't know more than that on them.
Currently mowing 2.5 acres only a couple of real sloped spots near road and front of house, not big, lots of trees.
I am using a couple of cub-cadets, a real one from the past and one from homedepot 1550 that bogs down on the slight sloped yard.

Thanks for any input.
Charlie
PS: I do have a Compact Kubota B3200HSD (not for mowing):smile:

So how much is the Kubota ZG127? Another user had the Husqvarna M-ZT52(MSRP is $5499) and had only good things to say about it. The Kubota website compares the Kommander to the Toro Titan. I looked at the Titan MX5480 and it ran around $5300). The Kubota doesn't have a foldable ROPS like the Toro and Husqvarna and the Toro MX has a suspension seat. Aside from that the Kubota seems to be about the same quality as the other two.
P.S.
Another BIG plus for the Husqvarna is that it has the Commercial-rated HydroGear ZT-3400 trannies(where the other two have the ZT-3100)....and.....comes with a 1yr "Commercial" warranty which is always a good sign of durability!!

csm2623

Forum Newbie
Threads
So how much is the Kubota ZG127? Another user had the Husqvarna M-ZT52(MSRP is $5499) and had only good things to say about it. The Kubota website compares the Kommander to the Toro Titan. I looked at the Titan MX5480 and it ran around $5300). The Kubota doesn't have a foldable ROPS like the Toro and Husqvarna and the Toro MX has a suspension seat. Aside from that the Kubota seems to be about the same quality as the other two.
P.S.
Another BIG plus for the Husqvarna is that it has the Commercial-rated HydroGear ZT-3400 trannies(where the other two have the ZT-3100)....and.....comes with a 1yr "Commercial" warranty which is always a good sign of durability!!

Thanks for the reply; but, I went ahead with the Kubota- ZG127S. The one dealer near me was more interested in talking me out of the Husky and into a SKAG.
The other dealer did not have the M-ZT52. It was a bit more for the Kubota ($5920) but I like the 4 yr warranty and have had great luck with my
Kubota B3200HSD compact tractor. The dealer was easy to work with and did not try to steer me off course. The ROPS on this Kommander does not look like it needs to be folded down to get into the garage or shed. May be a bit tall under some of my trees; but, with force me to trim them like I should. :smile:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for the reply; but, I went ahead with the Kubota- ZG127S. The one dealer near me was more interested in talking me out of the Husky and into a SKAG.
The other dealer did not have the M-ZT52. It was a bit more for the Kubota ($5920) but I like the 4 yr warranty and have had great luck with my
Kubota B3200HSD compact tractor. The dealer was easy to work with and did not try to steer me off course. The ROPS on this Kommander does not look like it needs to be folded down to get into the garage or shed. May be a bit tall under some of my trees; but, with force me to trim them like I should. :smile:

Well, we all know that Kubota "don't make no junk" and the ZG127S will probably continue to confirm that!! My father-in-law has a $12K Kubota 72" Diesel Zero Turn and loves it of course. He has 5+ acres to mow, but probably could have gotten by with a 60" ZTR. But he always buys the biggest, most expensive anytime he buys something:0)
Since this line is relatively new for Kubota(their first "residential-oriented" ZTR), let us know what you think about it's performance after you have used it for a while. Enjoy!!!

Duckman

Threads
Kubota Kammander ZG127-54 ... I have just purchased one...replacing my 14 year JD LX188. I mow about 2.5 acres.

Before you buy one make sure you have the TWO recalls done.

Since my experience has been short and I'm moving from that JD to a ZT I may not be the best person for a review right now...but however I am one of these guys that tend to be a slow burn when I make a purchase like this...I have been looking at ZT's for more than a year now. Last year I had my mind made up that I was going to get a Bad Boy this spring but when I came back to the same dealer and he showed me the Kubota, to me it was a very easy decision. I love the deck construction and lift system, the height adjustment is/was as easy as my LX188, the simplicity of the construction is better than the BB by a long shot. The BB seems more like a "contraption" with a lot of over building. I'm not saying the BB is a bad machine but I like simpler things. The seat is great, things just seem to fit and I find it to be very solid plus the crazy thing just looks better. To me it has more than enough power and it's surprisingly very fast. I thought the maintenance looked to be easy and the belt replacement is very simple.

THE ONLY THING at this point that is something to consider... is the 54" deck and it's weight, it takes a little extra strength with the lift pedal, like if you have a small wife she may have a little struggle. I bought the lift assist kit which is basically a small short cylinder like you would find on your rear hatch of your car. It does help BUT IT HAS TO BE ADJUSTED with care, too much
"assist" and you can't drop the deck. If you get the assist kit make sure you test the function of the deck BEFORE you take it home...like I didn't or the mechanic.

HTH's and if have any specific questions...just let me know.

Stay safe out there,

Mike

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Kubota Kammander ZG127-54 ... I have just purchased one...replacing my 14 year JD LX188. I mow about 2.5 acres.

Before you buy one make sure you have the TWO recalls done.

Since my experience has been short and I'm moving from that JD to a ZT I may not be the best person for a review right now...but however I am one of these guys that tend to be a slow burn when I make a purchase like this...I have been looking at ZT's for more than a year now. Last year I had my mind made up that I was going to get a Bad Boy this spring but when I came back to the same dealer and he showed me the Kubota, to me it was a very easy decision. I love the deck construction and lift system, the height adjustment is/was as easy as my LX188, the simplicity of the construction is better than the BB by a long shot. The BB seems more like a "contraption" with a lot of over building. I'm not saying the BB is a bad machine but I like simpler things. The seat is great, things just seem to fit and I find it to be very solid plus the crazy thing just looks better. To me it has more than enough power and it's surprisingly very fast. I thought the maintenance looked to be easy and the belt replacement is very simple.

THE ONLY THING at this point that is something to consider... is the 54" deck and it's weight, it takes a little extra strength with the lift pedal, like if you have a small wife she may have a little struggle. I bought the lift assist kit which is basically a small short cylinder like you would find on your rear hatch of your car. It does help BUT IT HAS TO BE ADJUSTED with care, too much
"assist" and you can't drop the deck. If you get the assist kit make sure you test the function of the deck BEFORE you take it home...like I didn't or the mechanic.

HTH's and if have any specific questions...just let me know.

Stay safe out there,

Mike

Duckman,
I hear you about the Bad Boys(I almost bought the 54" Outlaw). If you think lifting the deck on your Kubota is difficult, you should have tried the BB Outlaw(that massive 5gauge deck...yeah a full quarter inch thick...is EXTREMELY difficult to raise/lower). I had polio which affected my right leg and try as I could I simply could NOT lift that Bad Boy deck. I had decided that if I bought it I would set it and leave it. But on the subject of deck lifting, I would advise you to read your Kubota user manual "thoroughly" and discuss with your dealer. The reason I say this is that my Gravely Pro-Turn(yeah, I know it's a commercial model and may have a "different/better" deck lift/suspension system) has a "deck stabilizer springs" adustment on each side, that when you adjust the spring tension it (1)makes the deck easier to lift and (2)allows a little more deck "vibration" when you do that(the downside). But for your situation(the ease for your wife), if there is a similar adjustment for the tension springs on each side of the deck lift assembly for your Kubota, you may be able to improve the ease of adjusting your deck. It's worth looking into.

Duckman

Threads
Thanks DJ...I wish there was more adjustment...there just isn't.

I just brought my mower back today and the deck lift still isn't right with the "lift assist"... tech told me it won't work correctly with the add-on attached. However the manager said that to let it break in a little and if I still wasn't happy he would call Kubota for me.

So if you are thinking of buying the lift assist...don't.

I still love the mower, glad I got it.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks DJ...I wish there was more adjustment...there just isn't.

I just brought my mower back today and the deck lift still isn't right with the "lift assist"... tech told me it won't work correctly with the add-on attached. However the manager said that to let it break in a little and if I still wasn't happy he would call Kubota for me.

So if you are thinking of buying the lift assist...don't.

I still love the mower, glad I got it.

Yeah, when I was considering getting that Bad Boy Outlaw I had decided the only way I could use it was to "set it and forget it". When you think about it, how many times while mowing your yard do you raise/lower the deck??? Maybe when the wife is wanting to mow you can set the deck height and tell her to just "mow away":0)

Grady1

Forum Newbie
Threads
How are you guys liking your new Kommander's? Any problems that you're finding with them? Also, what engines did your's come with? I'm demo'ing a 127S for the weekend and I'm still not sure if I'm going to take the plunge. Thanks. Grady