Husqvarna LGT24K54 deck belt keeps coming off the PTO clutch pulley

Bat57

Threads
  • / Husqvarna LGT24K54 deck belt keeps coming off the PTO clutch pulley
My neighbor came to me and said he was having a problem with the deck belt coming off the mower. So I helped him remove the deck belt and I noticed that after the belt left the deck it twisted going around the electric clutch pulley but straightened out on the other side. We removed the deck and the belt was routed correctly on the deck but it was damaged pretty bad. we checked all the spindles and pulleys and they all lined up and working properly. He went and bought a new belt and installed it. Made sure deck was leveled right. I stood back and watched as he engaged the deck and the belt immediately jumped off the clutch pulley. Checked info online and could not find much about belt coming off of the electric clutch. Also he replaced the spring with a new one on the tension lever. Husqvarna LGT24K54. Model# 960430127-02. We would appreciate any ideas, thanks.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Last edited:

Bat57

Threads
OEM parts for your tractor.
The belt we took off was only a couple of months old and he bought it from the local Husqvarna dealer here in town. The new belt is also an OEM belt. Part# 532196103/ 587686701. That is why we don't understand what is causing the belt to pop off so much. I am going back over today and see if we have overlooked something.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Sounds one the deck bearing is hanging monetarily.

Bat57

Threads
Thanks. I am going back over today and go over the whole deck again. maybe we can find something we overlooked.

Bat57

Threads
We took deck back off and checked all three blade spindles and all turned freely and smoothly. Greased all 3 spindles. He replaced 2 of the routing pulleys, and one of them was on the Tension arm. After putting the deck and deck belt back on. we lifted the deck up off the ground high enough to have the belt and deck spindles at about an even level but after a few minutes of the blades turning the belt popped off the engine pulley again. Have not had this much trouble with a deck belt before.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First principles of science & engineering
Observation
So lay on the ground and watch what happens
See when the belt pops off and what side it pops off
If it is the left side then the prime suspect is what Star has already mentioned, the tension pulley arm is not freely moving to take up the slack in the belt .