Husqvarna GTH26V48LS No start fuel problem

clcmbtn

Threads
So I was given this mower and it only has 49 hours on it. However it had been sitting for over 4 years. So I pulled the fuel line from the pump to the carb and cranked to see if it was getting fuel. It wasn't. So I drained the tank and put a new pump, filter and the little vacuum hose. Still had nothing, so i pulled the fuel line from the tank to the pump out and replaced it with a new one. In doing so I noticed the 2 fuel pick ups that go into the tank and connect to the reserve valve were sitting crooked. I pulled them out and the grommets were all dry rotted. I have searched as many parts places but can not find these pick ups. This isn't my only problem but figured I would start with at least getting fuel thru the pump. Anyone know where these 2 items can be found?

TIA

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
please go to the Husqvarna web page and download the parts book for your mower so you can use the correct name & part number , it makes a massive difference on this end
We all know what that "thingie which is sort of brownish with a bit of a bend that goes under the whatsamacallit next door the the thingiema bob is "

clcmbtn

Threads
I've been there and it doesn't show what I am looking for. It shows the 532 42 08-28 Valve Fuel Reserve. But it doesn't show the grommets for the 2 hard plastic tubs that go into the tank.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well in that case they are part of the tank and not sold by mower shops
So you will need to remove them take them to an engineering supply shop and ask for "Two grommets like these in petrol proof Nitrile rubber please "
Or you can try to measure them if they are in a reasonable condition
Measure the size of the hole in the tank which is the outer ø and the tube ø which is the inner , the total outside diameter is not usually specified plus the total thickness then try your luck on line
Aircraft Spruce are good for a couple or McMaster Carr if you wand a packet of 20
Eastwoods also have a big selection but most of them will be neoprene which will go to jelly in a short time so make sure they are Nitrile or Vitton .
Silicone is also not petrol proof unless it specifically says "petrol Proof "
Grommets are funny sizes so if you order a 1/2" one the hole will be 0.010" to 0.020" undersize to get the tight seal. while the outer diameter will be the correct size .
Worst case would be to go to an auto store wit the tubes in your pocket, find a wiring grommet that fits double check it is tight in you tank then take that to an engineering supply company and ask for grommets this size in Nitrile or Vitton .

This mob is a manufacturer but if you find the size you want then ask nicely they will probably pop a couple of them to you in the post or give you the name of a retail outlet that stocks them
Note the measurements so measure your hole, tube & tank thickness according to the table

Last edited:

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
If parts are no longer made, you might order a plastic welder (soldering iron roughly) and learn to use it. Maybe a brass nipple sealed to the tank with super glue or any glue resistant to fuels. Really pretty easy once you get the hang of it.