Husqvarna 128ld only runs when choked

lwork9487

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a husqvarna 128ld, it was given to me and had a broken choke cable and only ran when choked, but ran enough to weedeat, so I decided to tune it up by replacing the carburetor, fuel lines, fuel filter, air filter, and sparkplug.
After doing this the trimmer ran even worse, I had to adjust the carb to get it to run at all, and finally adjusted it until it was running like it should. It ran good for about 12 hours, now it only runs when choked. Occasionally it will run good enough to spin the head, and if I let it warm up I can turn the choke all the way off, but it dies when given gas.
It was weedeating fine, when choked now with all new parts I can't even use it.
Are the new cabs just so cheap they need to be completely readjusted every use? That doesn't seem right.

Craftsman Garage

Threads
sorry, but you need a new carburetor, you could spend hours fiddling with it, or you could buy a $20 carb, make a good use of your time

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
choke cable ?
surely you meant throttle cable .
If you bought that "tune up kit" of Evilpay or Scamazon then there is a better than average chance that one or all of the parts were quality control reject parts
I will hazard a guess that the carb was defective with the threads for the jets being too loose a fit so they can wind out from vibrations in use .
Sounds very much like the H jet is was too far out
If it is just a bad carb then readjust it so it runs well, write down the needle settings then take them back out clean them put a brop of BLUE locktite on them then reinstal and double check tho adjustments as you have 10 to 15 minutes before the loctite sets .
This assumes you have the C1Q carb as this model trimmer has had a few different ones fitted and you never bothered to tell us what carb was on there originally .