husquarna yth21k46 slow moving

451johnny

Threads
my tractor at first started to buckle going forward ..every time I pressed the forward petal my body would jerk backwards almost like a wipe Blas every time than all of a sudden it started to move forward.very slowly and couldn't make it up hill. but if you press down on the reverse petal it takes off and moves fast . my neighbors thought I lost it seeing me cut the grass driving backwards lol..anyway any help will be greatly appreciated. Johnny

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Where to start
Have you ever cleaned the under side of the mower or lubricated the clutch tension lever pivot ?
There are 2 plates where the steering gear is and between them gets packed with debris, particularly if you mulch
The crud packs in tight and prevents the stop on the clutch brake pedal part No 532 19 78-65 from returning fully to sit on the Steering plate, part No 532 19 47-29
Which you will see illustrated on pages 32 & 36 of the parts book which by now you will have downloaded from Husqvarna ( it is a free download )
If you slip your fingers under there on the right side while you move the clutch brake pedal you will feel it moving and where it comes to rest
Did one of these yesterday , owner had been stung for a new belt & 3 new pulleys
Then they hit him up for another new belt & a new engine pulley
Ten minutes with an air duster and it was fine .
Let us know what you find
Husqvarna did not bother to write a maintenance manual an I will be buggered if I will do one for them on this forum.

451johnny

Threads
Where to start
Have you ever cleaned the under side of the mower or lubricated the clutch tension lever pivot ?
There are 2 plates where the steering gear is and between them gets packed with debris, particularly if you mulch
The crud packs in tight and prevents the stop on the clutch brake pedal part No 532 19 78-65 from returning fully to sit on the Steering plate, part No 532 19 47-29
Which you will see illustrated on pages 32 & 36 of the parts book which by now you will have downloaded from Husqvarna ( it is a free download )
If you slip your fingers under there on the right side while you move the clutch brake pedal you will feel it moving and where it comes to rest
Did one of these yesterday , owner had been stung for a new belt & 3 new pulleys
Then they hit him up for another new belt & a new engine pulley
Ten minutes with an air duster and it was fine .
Let us know what you find
Husqvarna did not bother to write a maintenance manual an I will be buggered if I will do one for them on this forum.
what you just described I saw on you tube he had pictures and he had showed that the grass clippings had accumulated preventing ( stop clutch plate ) as you mention from resting clearly on the bottom because it looked as if there was a birds nest under it ..but when I looked at my tractor I didn't notice anything and could tell that it was working perfectly there wasn't any build up of debris ? ..or is the location of the debris built up in a place that's hinting where it can't be seen ? mean while I'm gonna download that from Husqvarna to see if it's in another location..thank you so very much for your information I really appreciate it...johnny

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Normally it is a feel job as you can not see it without mirrors & a rubber neck

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Might sounds crazy but going in reverse put lesser of a load on the drive belt. It might be as simple as the drive belt and the two plastic v-idler pulleys being worn. I do know I replace a lot these plastic v-idler pulleys because they are worn out and even causes a new correct sized belt to slip. Plus once the drive starts to slip it can wear thin spots causing slippage and grabbing conditions.