Repairs Husky Chain Saw

TroyJackson

Forum Newbie
Threads
I couldn't find a more appropriate forum for this question, I have a Husqvarna 575XP Chain Saw that will start, but stalls when the throttle is pressed. I removed and cleaned the carburetor and still have the same problem. It will start but will stall when the throttle is pressed. I also checked the compression release valve and it is no leaking. It will only run while choked and I can keep it running by working the choke. The high and low carb settings have stops on them and it doesn't matter where they are positioned.
I have changed the plug, air filter, fuel filter and plug. I have tried running it without the fuel filter, without the air filter, full choke, half choke, and every high/low carb setting that is possible and all combinations. I have pulled it until I have had chest pains with no luck. It has spark and I have tried it with starting fluid. Nothing that I have tried makes any difference. I t runs then it stalls...

Any suggestions???

Threads
the fuel hose may be sucking air somewhere between the filter & carb, genuine fuel hose are fairly cheap.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Has with the above post, the pipe will be bad at the point where it goes into the tank, replace the fuel line and you should find it to work.

TroyJackson

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Husky Chain Saw Update

Thanks. you guys were right. After replacing the fuel filter, air filter, spark plug and cleaning the carburetor. I checked the fuel line and found several slits in it. I replaced the fuel line and it still wouldn't start. I pulled it and primed it with gas, pulled more and primed more....still wouldn't even try to start. Thought about it all day and came home, removed the carb for the 6th time and blew air into the cylinder...out came about a tablespoon of fuel. I removed and cleaned the plug and blew compressed air into the cylinder to dry it out. I waited an hour, put it back together and it started on the first pull!
In the process I learned that the US EPA required the manufacturers to block the consumer from making carb adjustments that might make more emissions...damn those tree huggers. The dealer wouldn't even show me the tool used for high/low adjustments...not that I did this (lol) but the "stop" on the carb screws could be removed if you want to adjust them outside of the "allowable" limits.
Seems that each manufacturer has implemented various ways of blocking us from adjusting the carburetors on two stroke engines. Each manufacturer uses a different style carb adjustment tool. I can't say for sure but if you look hard enough you can probably find a set on the internet no matter what the dealer tells you.
In addition, my dealer charges $75 an hour. I ordered a new carb for $51 which I don't need now and tuned the saw for less than $20. Bottom line is that you can throw a bunch of parts at a saw for the price that a dealer charges just to look at it. Carbs coils and even new cylinder kits are cheap.
I agree that we that we should buy our equipment from dealers rather than big box stores, but not all dealers give the right support either. Mine left me hanging. This is a $1000 saw and they wouldn't tell me anything except bring it in. they wouldn't even show me the carb adjustment tool. I probably have $500 worth of frustration in it but I did get it to run with no support from the dealer or Husqvarna for that matter.
Thanks for your help to those that replied.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I am sure you can find the adjustment tools online. I also know that there are dealers getting the crap fined out of them for selling the adjustment tools. A long shot, but by showing you the tool could possibly, and I mean long shot, be considered accessory to emissions tampering. I may be a poulan dealer and have the tools to adjust poulan products, which will also fit Husqvarna products and is owned by Husqvarna, but it is illegal for me to adjust Husqvarna because I am not an authorized dealer.

TroyJackson

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks ILENGINE. I can appreciate that dealers are being fined for selling the tools and their reluctance to even talk about them. My complaint is really with the tree huggers who think that little old me with my chainsaw can really have any effect on emissions. Even if every consumer in the world adjusted their own saw I can't believe that it would have any effect at all on global emissions.

The second complaint was with the dealer. My dealer would not only not show me the tool...they wouldn't offer any advice on fixing the saw. This from an Ace hardware store that makes its living off of people doing their own home repairs. I guess that they want me to work on everything but chainsaws.

I have always been a Husky promoter but this is the second time that this dealer has left me down.

I am a chainsaw carver. This dealer would not help me set up a Husky saw with a 1/4" chain and a dime sized bar. The Stihl dealer modified a 210c for me to use to carve with no problems.

I bought the 575xp primarily to cut one log for a carving customer and the best the dealer could say was that these saws are meant to be run every day. While there is some truth to that with the xp. It's not asking to much for a $1000 saw to run with only 3 hours on it especially after having the gas drained every fall and serviced properly.

The local Stihl dealer offered more advice on getting this Husky running than the Husqvarna dealer that I bought it from.

I also called Husky, their only advice was to take it to the dealer.

Don't get me wrong. I know that this was one person's experience with one dealer. I still love the Husky saws, I just wish the local dealer would help like the local Stihl dealer. In addition, I have no problem with dealers servicing saws. Thats what makes the world go around...just make the money off of those that can't replace a fuel line or choose not to service their own equipment. I will bring in my saw when I am over my head (which happens often).

Excuse me for the rant. I am just happy to have a running saw with no help from the EPA or the local dealer!

I appreciate the help I received from this forum as well as the lively discussion.

Tomorrow I will cut that big log that has been mocking me.