HRX2713HYA - 2013 better than 2012 models?

Poppy2Young

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi. Brand new here; just joined.

I purchased a HRX2173HYA last night from the local Honda dealer 15 minutes before closing in order to take advantage of the one year warranty extension. They are putting it together for me this morning.

I was NOT thrilled that it was a 2012 model (3 series) when I paid $699 +tax for it.

Anything I should be concerned about in regards to the 2012 model vs the 2013 one? If necessary, I could cancel the transaction and start looking for a 4 series. Thoughts?

(My family knows I always second guess discretionary purchases like this; my old Lawnboy still functions, but I have never been happy with the cut).

Thanks.

Threads
You will not be disappointed with the K3 version. I have the HRX2173HYA I purchased last July. I use it commercially, and IMO it's the best mower under $1000 available! I don't know the difference between the K3 and K4 version of the HYA, but another user who works for Honda will be able to elaborate. I know the main difference between the K3 and K4 version of the HZA is something about a self-charging electric start, but I don't know about the HYA.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Anything I should be concerned about in regards to the 2012 model vs the 2013 one? If necessary, I could cancel the transaction and start looking for a 4 series. Thoughts?

No difference for the HYA K3 vs. HYA K4 model. All HRX models across the board were "bumped" from K3-->K4 so they were all at the K4 level, even though only some models actually changed (like the electric start version).

You could park an HYA K3 next to an HYA K4 and the only difference would be the letters "K3" and "K4" on the stickers.