HRX217k6VYA roto stop cable adjustment

Blooze

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have 3 year old HRX217K6VYA (the newer ones with the 200 engine). I wasn’t paying attention and completely adjusted the roto stop cable out of wack instead of the drive cable. Does anyone know what the gap on these (serial # mama-1069102) between the brake plate slot and ball plate indicator should be? I’m sitting here with 5” of grass and the nearest Honda dealer where I got mine over 4 hrs away.

My owners manual has nothing in it for adjusting this cable. I’ve tried the blade engage handle play adjustment like in some other HRX217 manuals. Even with it adjusted all the way the handle still moves well over an inch at the top.

With it adjusted all the way to both extremes it won’t meet the .08-.120” specs for the clearance for the ball plate indicator I’ve seen in the older VYA service manuals.

I ordered a service manual yesterday, but if anyone knows how to adjust these newer K6VYA models I’d sure appreciate it.

Last edited:

Blooze

Forum Newbie
Threads
I received the shop manual so for anyone else with the same model the spec is 0.08 - 0.12” for the gap with the Rotostop engaged. This is how you set the brake lever free play.