Hrx217hya

brooklyn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all I've been reading this forum and decided to purchase the hrx217hya. The is my first time mowing lawn so please forgive the questions. So for this mower when I need to make a turn to go back the other direction. What should I do with the cruise control? Should use the orange lever to stop it or should I release the drive handle bar or just leave as is and use resistance to make the turn? I trying to cause the less wear and tear in the machine.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi all I've been reading this forum and decided to purchase the hrx217hya. The is my first time mowing lawn so please forgive the questions. So for this mower when I need to make a turn to go back the other direction. What should I do with the cruise control? Should use the orange lever to stop it or should I release the drive handle bar or just leave as is and use resistance to make the turn? I trying to cause the less wear and tear in the machine.

1. Set the orange lever to the position where you are walking normally behind the mower at the speed you want.
2. Use the wide black drive control lever to adjust the speed from 0 - normal.

When mowing on a flat area, when you reach the end of the row let one hand continue to hold the BLADE control lever (with the yellow button) snug against the handlebar. Use the other hand and release the DRIVE control lever. The mower is now is NEUTRAL and will easily roll in any direction. When ready to make it start driving again, just push the drive control lever closer to the handlebar.

Here's another tip: when mowing across a slope, keep a little pressure on the DRIVE control lever and turn the mower UP the slope to make the turn. This will be easier to control then letting the mower roll DOWN the slope and you having to hold on to it.