HRB 215. HRB215K4HXA Vibrations when at idle

LT1UltraZ

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just picked it up of craigslist. Everything works great but the mower vibrates a lot when the blade inst engaged. Once the blade engages everything smooths out.

Also if i shut the mower off with the blade still engaged i can hear something free spinning for few seconds ( some kind of pully)

Where should i start?

Thanks

Threads

LT1UltraZ

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well if it's anything like the newer Hondas you should disengage the blades, let it idle, and then turn it off; not turn it off when the blades are still engaged.

View attachment 15428

Find the serial number...and then find the appropriate manual here: Honda Power Equipment: Honda Generators, Lawn Mowers, Snowblowers, Tillers

View attachment 15429

gotcha. Any ideas what could be causing the vibrations? I would think it would be other way around if anything was bent.

Threads
gotcha. Any ideas what could be causing the vibrations? I would think it would be other way around if anything was bent.

Yeah I would say check for unbalanced blades but usually the vibrating wouldn't stop after the blades are fully engaged if that's it! :confused:

LT1UltraZ

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yeah I would say check for unbalanced blades but usually the vibrating wouldn't stop after the blades are fully engaged if that's it! :confused:

ok...i got this problem fixed. I took the clutch assembly for the blade off and whoever had it before me has put the spring washer upside down :laughing:

My 2nd problem is that the mower will crank right up but it will only stay running for couple of seconds before it shuts off.

I took the carb off and cleaned it. Both of the jets are fine. Everything looks great. Where do i go from here

UPDATE....

It was the spark plug

Last edited: