How to resize photos

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’m not a computer geek so this form needs your help. I’m asking the computer gurus to post instructions on how to resize photos so that members can do so to help diagnose their problems. A couple of different methods can be posted depending on the different systems people use. I titled this post so that anyone can use the forum’s search tool to locate this thread. With this title all us engine techs can just post “SEARCH FORUM FOR HOW TO RESIZE PHOTOS” and it should help everyone out. Thank you.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm no guru, but I can resize pics easily.

This link below makes it super easy, you upload pics from your device, 1st select size & duration for pics to be posted. Forums like here are generally at or under 640 x 480, anyhow it then gives you the info link to copy & paste here or where you want your image(s) to be seen... (Edit) It used to be totally FREE. Still smaller account is Free. Read the Terms of use for your own peace of mind.

You don't even need to use your real name for your account, if you don't choose to. Any questions, you can shoot me a PM...Or just post here.

https://postimages.org

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just wanted to bump this up and see if anyone has other ways or suggestions to help members in the future.

OldDiyer

Threads
If you check most phone and cameras have a picture sizing adjustment if you change it the size will be what ever you set it at. If you do this just remember to set it back if you want the better picture size of other things you save. By doing this you will not need any over software to change the size for web postings. This makes it a lot easier than posting sizing and then reposting to a web page.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If you check most phone and cameras have a picture sizing adjustment if you change it the size will be what ever you set it at. If you do this just remember to set it back if you want the better picture size of other things you save. By doing this you will not need any over software to change the size for web postings. This makes it a lot easier than posting sizing and then reposting to a web page.
I wish was true but the HTC smart phone I got will not reduce to VGA size still way too large for anything to be posted online. I use Paint and online image hosting sites to resize my images but that uploading the image to either my computer or to the online sites.

OldDiyer

Threads
It may not be in the phone settings but is in the camera app settings. My phone has 4:3 (8.0M) down to 1:1 (2.4M) I have the factory installed app but I use another better phone app installed and they both have these adjustments.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
But you need the image size down to under 200kB to upload here from what I have seen so far.

upupandaway

Threads
I’m not a computer geek so this form needs your help. I’m asking the computer gurus to post instructions on how to resize photos so that members can do so to help diagnose their problems. A couple of different methods can be posted depending on the different systems people use. I titled this post so that anyone can use the forum’s search tool to locate this thread. With this title all us engine techs can just post “SEARCH FORUM FOR HOW TO RESIZE PHOTOS” and it should help everyone out. Thank you.
When I sell stuff on ebay and get this error, I hit Shift Control F , select part of photo, open mspaint, paste, save as a jpg file, then use the file.
Don't need to download something else.

RaulMcCai

Threads
In linux open GNU image manipulator open the image in the top drop down menu select image then from the drop down scale image then in the dialog box input a larger number. It's similarly easy in photoshop but I haven't used it in maybe 10 years so I forget. I threw all microsoft and windows in the trash long ago

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
My phone is such a bitch to accomplish anything i send pics from it to my email then transfer to a pic folder titled and dated . From paint.net the pic can be adjusted several ways . Cropped , size changed , color , contrast etc .