Export thread

How to remove mulch kit on Z123 Kobota?

F

fishbone

When I bought my ZT last year, the dealer installed a mulching kit.
I have all the parts that were replaced and would like to remove the kit, restoring it to the original configuration.
Any ideas where info like that could be found?
Thanks.

M

MiKubota

I have a Z123. Would pictures of the bottom of the deck help you out? I don't have a mulch kit installed. I would assume the the mulch kit includes different blades and a few shields to direct the clippings.

RCCola45

RCCola45

When I bought my ZT last year, the dealer installed a mulching kit.
I have all the parts that were replaced and would like to remove the kit, restoring it to the original configuration.
Any ideas where info like that could be found?
Thanks.

I see the Kubota web site sells manuals and are not free for download. Might want to call the dealer you got it from because I am sure there was a small install manual that come with the kit. They might have extra's sitting around.

I just recently bought Toro Titan Zx5400 and had them install the mulch kit ... just removed it using the supplied instructions. Its a pretty easy job but doesn't hurt to have some pictures to look at while doing the conversion.

Timm

F

fishbone

You are right, Mikobota, just some baffles and a set of blades, plus nuts, bolts, and spring for the shute.
I bit the bullet and called the dealer. He is going to send a service truck by the house and have a tech change it out.
I never have an easy time pulling blades.
It will cost about a $100.
It sucks to be lazy.
Thanks for the tips.

V

vg92

Does anyone use a MoJack to raise the front end of your Kommander for cleaning underside the deck or replacing blades? Looks like it's quite handy for $200. Please share your experience.

Amazon.com : MoJack EZ Max Mower Lift : Patio, Lawn & Garden