How to kill poison sumac?

superiorGRASS

Threads
What can i do to kill off a big fence line of poison sumac for good??

Nwatson99

Threads
What can i do to kill off a big fence line of poison sumac for good??

Gly 4 Plus has killed everything I have sprayed it with including poison ivy, sumac, and oak around trees and really put a hurt on the briars, it did not kill the briars out but it stopped all growth and dried them up for a string weed-eater to take them out no problem.
Now I mix it stronger than the instructions, I buy it in the 2.5 gal jugs and mix 20 ounces of Gly 4 Plus with 15 gallons of water, which I think the instructions say 3/4 ounce per gallon.
Gly Star also seems to work however it takes twice as long for some reason to work and show results.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Gly 4 Plus has killed everything I have sprayed it with including poison ivy, sumac, and oak around trees and really put a hurt on the briars, it did not kill the briars out but it stopped all growth and dried them up for a string weed-eater to take them out no problem. Now I mix it stronger than the instructions, I buy it in the 2.5 gal jugs and mix 20 ounces of Gly 4 Plus with 15 gallons of water, which I think the instructions say 3/4 ounce per gallon. Gly Star also seems to work however it takes twice as long for some reason to work and show results.

I add a little dish soap to it. Helps it cling to the vines better.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Oh really, thanks for the info how much would you add to 15 gallon?

I mix 5 gallons and put close to 2 tablespoons.
So close to 6

And I will be nice and tell you don't add it before you add the water.

Nwatson99

Threads
I mix 5 gallons and put close to 2 tablespoons.
So close to 6

And I will be nice and tell you don't add it before you add the water.

6 Tablespoons I will try it next spray
LOL yea it would not be too smart to get all the foam and bubbles in the sprayer.

mglawnservice

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have had good results with Element 3a. It will take out, briars, wood vine, and will actually take out smaller brush. It is also a broad leaf killer. It should not kill narrow leaf. I am not licensed to recommend chemicals, so read carefully. I mixed mine at 1oz per gallon, and its pricy

Item is for sale Element 3A Triclopyr Herbicide for Brush and Aquatic Weeds

From a web site: Element 3A Herbicide is recommended for the control of unwanted woody plants, annual, non-irrigation ditch banks, perennial broadleaf weeds in forest, and on non-crop areas including industrial manufacturing and storage sites, etc. The herbicide controls a broad spectrum of woody brush and broadleaf weeds. Element 3A label allows for applications to emerged weeds and brush in standing water or on banks and shores of lakes and ponds associated with production forestry tracts (No fishing, swimming, or domestic livestock restrictions). It also provides injection for selective conifer release and hardwood timber stand improvement. It is sold by the Gallon