How to get to the carb for removal?

JWnVa

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Murray 12hp B&S 30" rider 30577X8A and I need to remove the carb. Can't get to it due to the frame being in the way. Does this come off or is there some other way to get this done.
This is my first time working on this model and the owners manual is no help.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Can you please post some pics of what your talking about?

tybilly

Threads
Can you please post some pics of what your talking about?

yeah dave this looks like a stinker, if you cant get your hands in there,try jacking the rear up and place on jackstands and remove the tire for access to the carb and get it from under the frame,or remove the frame,

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
On those rear engine riders a novice mechanic may have to remove the seat and cover. Sometimes this is the easiest. You can remove the carb without taking everything apart, but if this is the first time doing this type of work, I would not recommend it.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Lol....

Yeah, this model is a pain in the arse, I would drop the carb bowl first and see what it looks like... If it was just a leaky/crushed float, I would change it out where it sits, and see if that is all it needs. If it is, then pass the savings to your customer...

Otherwise, you need to remove the air filter housing first, then pull the muffler to access the carb bolts/screws. Hopefully the muffler bolts will behave....

In my shop, I have a hoist so I can raise the rear of the mower up high enough to work on, otherwise you will be laying on the floor/ground...

http://milacalawn.com/pages/OemPart...awn_Tractor_(1998)/Body_Chassis/30577X8A/7951

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
On those rear engine riders a novice mechanic may have to remove the seat and cover. Sometimes this is the easiest. You can remove the carb without taking everything apart, but if this is the first time doing this type of work, I would not recommend it.

This is probably the silliest thread that I have ever read, it is no wonder that we are enemies!!!!!!!

JWnVa

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for all your responses. Not sure what to make of the last one!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah, sorry about that last one... Why do you want to remove the carb? Like I said, it is a pain in the butt, every time I had
to work on the carb on one of those, I looked at getting that frame out of my way, but always opted to work around it....

Like I asked before, why do you want to remove the carb?