How to determine mower build date?

Grasshopp

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just purchased a new Grasshopper 727 K equipped with the 27 HP Kohler twin cylinder engine. Was told this was a 2012 model. However, on the engine, the date of manufacture shows August 2010. I realize that when engines are shipped to the mower manufacturer, it is unlikely that the first in inventory is always the first out which may cause an earlier built engine to be placed into a later built mower. The mower was purchased from a Grasshopper dealer and the factory rep was involved in the delivery etc. The hour meter showed 1/10 of an hour of usage when delivered a week ago. It now has 4/10 on the hour meter. I've noticed that the engine idles rough and has a hesitation when accelerate. Have not cut the first blade of grass yet. I'm thinking the gas may be old causing the rough idle. The dipstick tube shows signs of a lot of moisture on the inside (rust) and was considering changing the oil and filter before using for the first time. Any thoughts on determining the age and resolving the rough idle / hesitation?

Thanks!

Grasshopp

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the information. According to the chart, I purchased a new 2010 1/2 year model. Time to call the dealer and let them explain why I was told this was a 2012 model. Thanks again. :mad: :confused2:

Grasshopp

Forum Newbie
Threads
Update: Dealer agreed to replace the "new" 2010 model with a "new" 2013 model. Kudos to the dealer for doing the right thing. :thumbsup: :cool2: