How To Choosing Lawn Mower

Threads
Choosing the right lawn mower largely depends on how big your garden is, how much work you want to do yourself, and how much you want to leave to the machine when it comes to propulsion, collecting mowing.

SOME TIPS BEFORE PURCHASE

• Don't buy mower that is too small. A powerful mower will do a better mowing.
  • A good collector lawn mower can also be used for collecting autumn leaves or hedge-trimmings from hedges and bushes, and much more.
  • If you have a terraced garden with steps then a lightweight mower is recommended.
  • A mower with a deck made of ABS plastic will not rust and is more resistant to scratches.
  • A mower with a folding handle is easier to transport and store.
  • Can your dealer service your lawn mower? Do they stock spare parts and accessories?
  • Will the lawn mower run on unleaded petrol?
  • Is the mower easy to look after? Is there a good user manual?
  • Can the dealer demonstrate the mower? Can they give you useful working instructions?
  • Always ask to test drive a lawn mower before you make a decision.

Read More....

Threads
WELCOME TO LMF!
Good tips! I agree....always DEMO the mower! I learned that the hard way! My Honda HRX217HYA has a NeXite deck and the grass (at least the grass I mow) doesn't stick to it! Plus as you said, it won't rust! :thumbsup:

Threads
WELCOME TO LMF!
Good tips! I agree....always DEMO the mower! I learned that the hard way! My Honda HRX217HYA has a NeXite deck and the grass (at least the grass I mow) doesn't stick to it! Plus as you said, it won't rust! :thumbsup:

than you lawn mower fanatic ! you are right :thumbsup:

bwdbrn1

Threads
Fine tips lawnmowerleader. I especially appreciate your mention of a DEALER.

I don't believe you can beat going to a brand specific shop where they know the product, and didn't just roll it out onto the floor for display.

Coming to forums like this one and doing some research helps too. Forums like this are a good place to learn of good and bad points of many different mower.

Threads
Fine tips lawnmowerleader. I especially appreciate your mention of a DEALER.

I don't believe you can beat going to a brand specific shop where they know the product, and didn't just roll it out onto the floor for display.

Yes, I agree! Also, make sure you GO to that dealer for service. I took the Honda HRR to the dealer that we usually go to (that doesn't sell Honda's, but we go there for other brands), and it took them a long time to fix a simple issue because they needed to order the part and it took a long time. :confused2: