How to advertise?

superiorGRASS

Threads
I am a family man who cant find a job but what i was asking is where to advertise not how to and what to. So im sorry if i seemed like a dick but i still dont understand. Even if someone started out with just some cheap push mower as long as they know what theyre doin and do a good job can still make a living. And if you start that low on the ladder you can eventually climb and get better equipment. I co owned a smoke shop for a little bit till my buddy screwed me over and cause of the charges i cant find a job and i have a kid on the way. Im 23 and ive help my brother inlaw do landscaping for a year. So i know how to run a business and how to do alot its just a different ball game thats why i look for help sometimes and i appreciate the help.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Use Craigslist and Facebook join same yard sale and things for sale groups
On Facebook.
Make a Facebook page not a profile but a page.

superiorGRASS

Threads
Ive done facebook, craigslist and i have a big sign on a busy street. Its slowly picking up i just want more work. Im thinking bout handing out flyers personally in the rich neighborhoods.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am a family man who cant find a job but what i was asking is where to advertise not how to and what to. So im sorry if i seemed like a dick but i still dont understand. Even if someone started out with just some cheap push mower as long as they know what theyre doin and do a good job can still make a living. And if you start that low on the ladder you can eventually climb and get better equipment. I co owned a smoke shop for a little bit till my buddy screwed me over and cause of the charges i cant find a job and i have a kid on the way. Im 23 and ive help my brother inlaw do landscaping for a year. So i know how to run a business and how to do alot its just a different ball game thats why i look for help sometimes and i appreciate the help.

No problems with the guy with a push mower I started there. My problems lie in the guy who doesn't get licenced and pay taxes.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
It takes time. Word of mouth is the best. Offer a fair price and do the best job you can and the work will come.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
As for the where I recommend flyers around the houses you do. If you get a client go up and down and put a flyer on every door in a 3-4 block radius. People respect foot work especially when the owner of a company is doing it.

superiorGRASS

Threads
As for the where I recommend flyers around the houses you do. If you get a client go up and down and put a flyer on every door in a 3-4 block radius. People respect foot work especially when the owner of a company is doing it.
sounds like a great ideal. Thank you and everyone for the help

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
A friend of mine who was in the lawn service several years said that it hook him three years to get to the point that he had all of the work he could do. We have been doing it since Aug 2012. We live in a pretty economically depressed area of SW Alabama and we now have about 42 clients. Our properties range from 7 acres down to small lots. We could handle about 60 or so depending on size.

I said all of that to say if you are growing keep doing what you are doing. Work will come. We gain customers and we lose them from time to time but we seem to gain more than we lose.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

I just really like paper shoved in my door. I think if your going to advertise you need to do better than a flyer. Imo flyers are just another form of junk mail that ends up in the trash. The thing that gets me is that someone who puts that stuff on my door is someone who I wouldn't deal with in the first place because there's a big sign at each entrance of this and many sub-divisions here that says No soliciting so Imo there dong something there not supposed to do from the beginning and it sure doesn't make any sense to hire someone that does that.

If you want to advertise in sub-divisions do it right and go to the club house and place an ad in there monthly paper that gets delivered to every house in the sub-division once a month it's more area than a person can cover and it's cheaper, there are also things like the shopper or newspapers that can run your ad and all can be done for a minimal fee.