How Much Gas do Mowers Use in a Year.

Black Bart

Threads
I just saw on TV that in America we use 180 million gallons of gas per year in lawn mowers.:eek:

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just saw on TV that in America we use 180 million gallons of gas per year in lawn mowers.:eek:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And that calculates to how much road tax the mower industry is paying?

Black Bart

Threads
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The government made the stations put a real short hose on their kerosene pumps so you could not pump it into your diesel pickup but they put road tax on it anyway and when I buy kerosene for my heater I pay road tax.:confused2:

grewen

Forum Newbie
Threads

now how would they know that??? i,ve never had anyone ask me what i'm putting my gas in

bbourdon

Threads
Anyone know what they typically burn per hour? Add the size of the mower in HP and the deck please!

oldyellr

Threads
I don't know how it is in the U.S., but in Canada, which has much higher gasoline tax, that tax is not earmarked for roads or transportation, but just goes into general revenue, to be spent however the government pleases.

grewen

Forum Newbie
Threads
i burn about just under 1/2 gal per hr with a 28 hp and 54'' deck

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

Define "mower" if you can. Mowers range from a plug in electric trimmer to a gas powered trimmer to an electric push mower to a motorless reel push mower to a gas powered push mower to a riding lawn mower to a lawn tractor to a garden tractor to a compact utility tractor to a farm tractor to a 1,000 horsepower, fifty foot cutting width monster. Do you actually believe everything you see on TV? Yes that new Burger King deep fried earthworm burger filled with rotted squid patties is the best tasting thing there is for late nite munchies. It said so on channel 14 last night. And I so believe it. :laughing::laughing:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Anyone know what they typically burn per hour? Add the size of the mower in HP and the deck please!

My Deere 4210 can cut just over an acre an hour using a 23 (net pto) hp diesel and a 60 inch deck and burns .90 gallons per operating hour at 2400 (pto) rpm

Everybody got that?

Parkmower

Threads
My Jacobsen 628D burns about a gallon of diesel an hour 72" deck 28 hp