How Hard To Change Pulley and Drive Belt

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would say that i am probably more mechanically inclined than most. i have been able to change the deck belt and a couple of mandrels. Have a floor jack and will be working on the garage floor. Got basic ratchet and socket sets, screw drivers, channel locks, vise grips, etc. So I guess with what I read from above post is...I don't know because answers ranged from 1 - 10 so I guess I will assume about a 5.
I think I can do that...50/50 chance of success :licking::licking::licking::licking:

Now if that is the case it's not a bad job. Might make it a little easyer to remove the mower deck.

stang8689

Threads
I changed my drive belt on my troy bilt and I found it harder then I thought. I tried with the deck on and hard a hard time, after removing the deck it was much easier. Best advice I would give to take pictures, draw diagrams, just make sure you have something to refer to. I also found it easier on my model to remove the 4 bolts holding the engine to the frame and tilting it up some and looping the belt around the pulley. I kept fighting trying to get it on then finially did that and it went right on

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would say that i am probably more mechanically inclined than most. i have been able to change the deck belt and a couple of mandrels. Have a floor jack and will be working on the garage floor. Got basic ratchet and socket sets, screw drivers, channel locks, vise grips, etc. So I guess with what I read from above post is...I don't know because answers ranged from 1 - 10 so I guess I will assume about a 5.
I think I can do that...50/50 chance of success :licking::licking::licking::licking:

YardMonkey,
You have the basic tools and mechanical instincts to do the repair no problem, but that is half the battle. What usually happens is it is not as simple as it seems for the unforseen laws of murphy or the monkey wrench that gets throwed in when the bolt or nut is rusted so bad that it gets stripped trying to loosen etc. or something is in the way that has to come off to be able to access the pulley or belt. :mur: You can do it, I am sure. I see you are from the great state of Alabama so you are already ahead of most in the common sense department! :thumbsup: Good Luck!