How does Kawasaki get such high torque numbers?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
? Change the valve timing?

It's a little bit like advancing the timing on a engine with a distributor.
Keeps the intake open longer.

I have a few friends that kart race and this is what they do in the stock class.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I came accross a site that hot rods mower engines. We all know what it takes. Seems like turning these ac engines faster would create a real time bomb, what with the weak rods and hot running. Besides, cutting grass with wheelies will not end up even.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I came accross a site that hot rods mower engines. We all know what it takes. Seems like turning these ac engines faster would create a real time bomb, what with the weak rods and hot running. Besides, cutting grass with wheelies will not end up even.

Haha I agree I would leave the engine stock they all cut the grass. Unless your racing or pulling leave it alone

Mike88se

Threads
It's a little bit like advancing the timing on a engine with a distributor.
Keeps the intake open longer.

I have a few friends that kart race and this is what they do in the stock class.

That sounds like ignition timing. The other part sounded more like valve timing. I would want to hot rod any of my machines but there's almost always room for improvement on a factory engine. And just to be clear... improvement w/o sacrificing reliability or longevity.