How Do You Guys Override The Deadman "Switch"?

hotajax

Threads
I've been using electrical tape to hold the safety lever up against the handle. But, that's awkward and a pain when I shut down.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The pros are smart enough to know it is a safety switch and don’t provide info on how to bypass them. They are there for a reason. Only the lazy DIY guys feel they are smart enough to bypass them and not get hurt. You can do what you want and I’m sure that someone will say “bla, bla, bla, just do this. Remember that if you ever need to have it serviced by a professional, they will return all overridden safety system to factor specs at your expense. Read my signature.

hotajax

Threads
As you said, I can do what I want. I will do what works for me. I still have all my toes and feet after 71 years. In fact when I was a teen cutting lawns in the neighborhood, we didn't have any malarkey safety stuff. Just an engine, wheels, and a handle to push, right? I like doing my own maintenance, just so the servicing "professional" can't return it to factory specs. I like it that way. I appreciate your concern for my safety. In fact, next time it snows, swing by my house and do some shoveling. That way I can save myself some back pains.

Last edited: