Price Check how do i determine how much my vintage lawn boy is worth?

jaybirch1

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / how do i determine how much my vintage lawn boy is worth?
i have a 1972 lawnboy 19" cut. d-600 engine, magnesium deck. very good condition. carb inspected and cleaned. reeds checked out ok. starts on first or second pull. everything works(on off switch, throttle control,primer, fuel valve). a few chips in the paint here and there but its 40 years old. could prob use a crank seal but its not too bad. no smoke running 32:1 quality oil.short on cash, not on mowers. i know people collect these and i have another one. any ideas what its worth? thanks jason

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
The best way to get a handle on the price is to check eBay for Lawn-Boys of about that vintage -- and check it periodically for at least a couple of weeks.

Personally, if I had that mower, I wouldn't let it go for less than $200. But it might be hard to get that, particularly if you're selling locally.

:laughing: But then I'm an addict. :laughing:

jaybirch1

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks. there is just a mag deck for 400 bucks. then a newer brick top not running for 599?!?! is this for real? any body in delaware looking to add one to their collection?

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
thanks. there is just a mag deck for 400 bucks. then a newer brick top not running for 599?!?! is this for real? any body in delaware looking to add one to their collection?

If those are just asking prices, I wouldn't take them too seriously. Look at actual sale prices -- you can "watch" an item and see what happens.

There have been some sales in the hundreds. It takes time to find something comparable to yours and see how much it goes for.

reed

Threads
i watch ebay constantly and have bought and sold many,that mower should bring between 175.00 to 225 .a perfect one will fetch 300 to350

Fireman 123

Threads
The best way you'll get a "collector's price" for your mower is on eBay, and if you're willing to ship it. I wouldn't let a $400 deck, or $600 non running mower get my hopes up too much because those are far fetched asking prices. If your mower runs, and looks good, you'll get a decent price for it. Good luck!

franchi

Threads
Hi

I am lookinmg for a mower like yours.

Let me know if it is for sale and how much you are asking for it.

Where do you live in Del.?

Contact me with a note to Franchi via this board.

Tia,

Franchi