How are the 2015 models?

Homer1

Threads
Anyone have first hand experience with the DC's from this year. I am considering them over the Gravely and maybe Scag unit's which seem to score highest in overall build quality and cut quality, according to those I personally know who use them.

I am focusing on the Magnum or Magnum HP models, due to my budget, More than likely just the Magnum.

Things I like: The Hydros are tough, the build "looks" tough from what I see, the deck height system is foot activated, the x blade and or blade system with the overlapping blades seems solid based on experience with all other mowers in the past.

Things I don't like:

I've read that in the past, at least prior to the buyout, some DC dealers just closed up shop, unannounced.

I have read about the decks not mowing good at all, at least between certain years, 05+ maybe to I don't know when.

The lack of overall reviews.

The fact that although I see some, I don't see half as many as I do Grasshopper or Gravely units on my local commercial trucks.

I really want to consider the Magnum a decent residential unit, at least able to cut very well up to 3 acres a week. I also like their build, but I really need some hands on experience or reviews of today's DC. Anyone out there?

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Anyone have first hand experience with the DC's from this year. I am considering them over the Gravely and maybe Scag unit's which seem to score highest in overall build quality and cut quality, according to those I personally know who use them.

I am focusing on the Magnum or Magnum HP models, due to my budget, More than likely just the Magnum.

Things I like: The Hydros are tough, the build "looks" tough from what I see, the deck height system is foot activated, the x blade and or blade system with the overlapping blades seems solid based on experience with all other mowers in the past.

Things I don't like:

I've read that in the past, at least prior to the buyout, some DC dealers just closed up shop, unannounced.

I have read about the decks not mowing good at all, at least between certain years, 05+ maybe to I don't know when.

The lack of overall reviews.

The fact that although I see some, I don't see half as many as I do Grasshopper or Gravely units on my local commercial trucks.

I really want to consider the Magnum a decent residential unit, at least able to cut very well up to 3 acres a week. I also like their build, but I really need some hands on experience or reviews of today's DC. Anyone out there?

Several other brands have the exact same hydros and engine options as Dixie chopper. Most also utilize foot pedals to adjust the deck height as well. You will find that every brand offers a similar configuration. Don't get me wrong, Dixie chopper is a solid built mower, but so are all the other brands.