Mower deck Hose connector for deck cleanout?

Nwatson99

Threads
I suppose the up and down motion tends to "shake" some grass loose and is probably a good idea.
A mower will sure but better if you keep the buildup underneath clean, and mowing wet grass will clump up everywhere.
The deck needs that air flow to suck the grass up and whack it off level.

If you want to get serious about cleaning underneath, get you one of these.
Mower Lifts Hand Trucks Lawn Mower Jacks - MoJack-The MoJack

Everyone I know with the deck clean out for water hose does not work properly, I agree with BBO get a Mojack, lift the mower front end and clean it the deck with a small scraper.
I clean out from underneath my deck at least once per month sometimes more than that depends on how the grass is discharging.

xp14629

Threads
Everything I've seen with the deck clean out ports show they are a bad idea and a poor design. In order to make them work, the grass has to be flakey dry under the deck when cut. Otherwise the moisture lets it stick and there is not enough of a spray pattern to get to everything under the deck. But the biggest I see is that they do work best directly after mowing, but why would you want to spray cold water on hot bearing housings? They will last through this but it has to shorten their life span.