Horse XP22 crawls forward in Neutral

vv0350

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bought a Troy-Bult Horse XP22 last fall?ince day one, it has creeped forward just a little when you pleace it in neutral?f I tap it a bit backward, towards reverse..it will usually fall into place and stop creeping forward?ccasionally, it starts moving again in a few moments
So, I would guess there is an adjustment?ut I sure cannot find it or find internet info on adjusting the neutral position on the shift control
Anyone know how to adjust the creep out of the mower?
Thanks
vv0350

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
For my mower it called return to neutral adjustment. Need you model number to help more.

vv0350

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bought a Troy-Bult Horse XP22 last fall?ince day one, it has creeped forward just a little when you pleace it in neutral?f I tap it a bit backward, towards reverse..it will usually fall into place and stop creeping forward?ccasionally, it starts moving again in a few moments
So, I would guess there is an adjustment?ut I sure cannot find it or find internet info on adjusting the neutral position on the shift control
Anyone know how to adjust the creep out of the mower?
Thanks
vv0350

Got tired of waiting for an experienced answer?ook my best shot lifted the seat and disconnected the battery..then, pullied the two battery rest pieces out?ooked the connection assembly over from the top?ound an adjustment nut that was connected to a short shaft that was double pined in place?his nut was on the threaded end of a connection shaft at the end of the control linkage..pulled the pin out and pulled the short shaft out of it's hole?urned the nut/shaft piece one complete turn and put the short shaft back into the hole and re connected the pin?his shortened the throw on the connection shaft a little less than ⅛ of an inch?ut the battery rests and battery back in place and reconnected it..the neutral creep just may be gone now?ill see...

man114

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mine does this but occasionally. If it is going at a reasonable speed in forward and you step on the brake it stops as it should. If you are creeping along slowly when it hits what should be stop it goes ever so slowly forward. Never was enough of an issue that I bothered to try and correct it.

vv0350

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mine does this but occasionally. If it is going at a reasonable speed in forward and you step on the brake it stops as it should. If you are creeping along slowly when it hits what should be stop it goes ever so slowly forward. Never was enough of an issue that I bothered to try and correct it.

I have run the xp22 a couple of times now that I did the adjustment. It doesn't creep forward but every 5th or 6th time I put it in neutral. It was happening ever time. So I can either take another turn with the adjustment nut/shaft or live with it. Think I will just live with it for a while. But, it's nice to know there is an adjustment..

Last edited: