Honda Mower Seized Piston

NJDan

Threads
I think that translates to HRX217K4 HZAA with serial number range of MAGA-1900001 TO MAGA-2369999.

View attachment 59344

https://www.partstree.com/search/?type=model&term=hrx217k4
Fantastic! Thank you very much. I see they throw an extra A on the end but I'm not going to quibble.

I do have a follow up question if I may. Some of the parts are different depending on the engine serial number. Is the serial number that is shown next to the model number for the engine or the mower itself? For instance my serial number is MAGA-2293810. That is for the engine? I didn't see any other significant numbers on the motor housing itself.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A = America
Usually found on imported models because the locally made ones are all for the USA & Canada ( AFAIK )

NJDan

Threads
A = America
Usually found on imported models because the locally made ones are all for the USA & Canada ( AFAIK )
Yes I understand but for some reason there's an extra A at the end of the model number when you go to look up parts.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Fantastic! Thank you very much. I see they throw an extra A on the end but I'm not going to quibble.

I do have a follow up question if I may. Some of the parts are different depending on the engine serial number. Is the serial number that is shown next to the model number for the engine or the mower itself? For instance my serial number is MAGA-2293810. That is for the engine? I didn't see any other significant numbers on the motor housing itself.
Yes. For this mower the engine is considered part of the mower itself. Honda is a little different than other manufactures as that uses various engines as they purpose build an engine for this mower.

NJDan

Threads
I've been away from this lawn mower repair project for a few weeks but I did manage to get all the parts I need. I'm doing some final cleanup, lapping valves and so on before reassembling everything. I have a question about the oil seal. On this motor the seal is kind of a metal honeycomb disk covered in a hard plastic. I'm having a heck of a time getting the old one off. I tried prying it out with a chisel but I'm at the point of not wanting to gouge the aluminum block. Anybody have a tip for removing this? I tried to drill into it to put a screw into it and pull, but it is a metal, probably aluminum gasket so I stopped. Again, this is for a GCV 190.