Honda HRR2163tda blade holder removal -

LCNMa

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I have been trying to remove the blade holder from my Honda hrr2163tda mower. This version of the mower the pulley and the blade holder are 1 piece. Well I believe it is rusted on the shaft after 13 years of use. I have tried a gear puller but it does not budge i am not sure if there is a set screw or anything that i am missing. Any and all ideas welcomed.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi I have been trying to remove the blade holder from my Honda hrr2163tda mower. This version of the mower the pulley and the blade holder are 1 piece. Well I believe it is rusted on the shaft after 13 years of use. I have tried a gear puller but it does not budge i am not sure if there is a set screw or anything that i am missing. Any and all ideas welcomed.

Assuming you got the blades off okay, then just the one bolt is used for the blade holder...a good shot of penetrating oil/spray and soak for a while might loosen it up:

26843101480_5863ff583e_o.png

LCNMa

Forum Newbie
Threads
Assuming you got the blades off okay, then just the one bolt is used for the blade holder...a good shot of penetrating oil/spray and soak for a while might loosen it up:

26843101480_5863ff583e_o.png

Thanks for the input. I did get the blades off ok and I did get the bolt for the blade holder off ok as well. I have been squirting some penetrating oil in the hole of the blade holder bolt.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
WD 40 is not a penetrating oil. BP Blaster is.

LCNMa

Forum Newbie
Threads
Actually I have been using a 50/50 mix of acetone and transmission fluid.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
And that is also very good stuff. I would put one blade back on and use the grass discharge opening to tap the blade, turn the blade then tap the blade till the blade adapter started coming off then the puller to get it off the rest of the way. You will notice I said tap and not beat the crap out of it.