Honda hrr216 vxa transmission problem

Bacon8r

Threads
Hey guys,
I have like I mentioned above a HRR 216 vxa k3 which has a problem. When I am mowing sometimes the rear wheels/ transmission will make an awful grinding noise, and I will let go of the smart drive thing, lift up the rear end, engage the smart drive while the rear wheels are raised, and gently set them down and then it is fine for anywhere from 30 seconds to 30 min and then I have to repeat the process. It will also not show up on some days, and if I wait like 3 hours, it might or might not go away. Does anyone know what's causing this? And how to fix it? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance
Bacon8r

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I willing to bet that the tranny is starting to go. If I remember right, that model has a non repairable tranny and must be replaced as a unit. I think the price is between $115-150 plus labor.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Only the external parts are available for that transmission (pulley, control arm, springs, etc.). If a new one is needed, the Honda part number is 06200-VH7-305 and it has a suggested retail price of $105.47. FYI, the dealer sets actual selling prices, so shop around. Here's a link to find a Honda Dealer in your area:

Find a Honda Dealer

Bacon8r

Threads
Does not sound too good. 100+$. Could it be grass buildup or something like that? If so what should I remove to check for buildup?
Thanks