Honda - HRB215-K4-HXA w/ GXV140 A2 Type Engine

WrenchBoy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought this Honda - HRB215 mower 28+ years ago and after 1 year of use, I changed the oil and did not fill it properly and it seized. Boy did I feel like a dope! I've kept the mower in the garage always believing that I would get a new engine and bring this 'BMW' of a mower back to life. Can anyone tell me, is there a replacement for this GXV140 A2 Type Engine? It appears that that A2 Type has a length of 50.8mm. This HRB215 was the hydrostatic. Is my only option to have it rebuilt?
...or is it type to clear my haunted past and send it on it's way to the landfill?
Thanks for giving me your time and expertise!

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
You may do as you choose, have engine rebuilt by Honda Certified Shop or purchase new engine by contacting Honda Parts Nation. If you are mechanically inclined you may choose to rebuild engine yourself, I would first purchase Honda Shop Manual for your engine. Do not beat yourself up over what happened yesteryear, it would be a good project for you to tackle with a step by step manual. Keep us informed, thanks, Mark
You will save $'s by tackling this yourself. I've purchased from these folks in the past, lowest prices I've found & ship fast to your door.

Last edited: