honda h3011

dave7402

Forum Newbie
Threads
its 26 years old and starts every time. the last time it starts but as soon as i back it off of choke it dies. cable looks good.. took the gas tank off so i could see all the linkage, but i don't know what its supposed to look like. i tied a wire on a lever which and i got some throttle action. it took a whole tank of fuel on just the front yard than cut out cause i think the plug fouled out from being so rich.
any ideas?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
OEM Parts : CyclePartsNation Honda Parts Nation great prices, fast & ship to your door, first make sure oil is clean & on full mark, check plugs, fuel & air filters for replacement. Remove blower housing at top of engine & clean by hand removing all debris, let us know how it goes, thanks.

Honda Power Equipment H3011 SA CARBURETOR | CyclePartsNation Honda Parts Nation I would purchase a new carburetor & gaskets, just make sure to remove old carburetor first, look for numbers, so you'll be sure to order correct new carburetor

Last edited:

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
its 26 years old and starts every time. the last time it starts but as soon as i back it off of choke it dies. cable looks good.. took the gas tank off so i could see all the linkage, but i don't know what its supposed to look like. i tied a wire on a lever which and i got some throttle action. it took a whole tank of fuel on just the front yard than cut out cause i think the plug fouled out from being so rich.
any ideas?

So engine dies when you move the throttle from CHOKE to FAST? That sounds like it has a fuel obstruction, perhaps slime / gunk in the carburetor.

But if the plug is fouled for sure, then it may be too rich, which can happen with a clogged air filter or blocked exhaust.

How fresh is the fuel? If you're not sure, I'd totally drain the tank and carburetor first. Double-check the spark plug and replace if questionable.

Probably NOT an issue with the throttle/choke linkage; here's what it looks like if you want to double-check:

h30111%20carb%20RR_zpstb1f79cb.jpg