honda gc190 6hp

basstracker

Threads
I was given a honda presure washer, I cleaned the carb and got it to run a little but its pulling oil into the carb. what will cause it to do that. thanks

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Bad rings but it would not run if the rings were that bad. Explain pulling oil into carb. From what side?

basstracker

Threads
Bad rings but it would not run if the rings were that bad. Explain pulling oil into carb. From what side?

when I pulled the breather off to get to the carb it had some oil in it, when i took the bowl off it had oil in it. I cleaned the carb and everthing put it back together and it started up. it ran like it was fluided for a little while and went dead. it wouldn't start back so i looked at the breather and it had some oil in it.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
You may have tipped the engine sideways. Check the level of your oil you may have to much. Your filter or breather may be blocked. Change you filter after you find the problem.

turboscrew

Threads
You also checked the spark plug?
It could have gotten an oil-bath too when first started after wash, and may have become either oily (causing short) or sooty (causing short) if the oil did burn.
It sounds like the mower has been turned on its side to me too. Another vote for that.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Empty the machine of both fluids, reclean the carb, refill fluids to proper level. On a level ground do not tip the machine run it and tell us what happens.

Sounds to me like you tipped the machine wrong (always tip so that the carb and air box is up) if it does it again I would go for a compression or even a leak down test as your rings may be bad

basstracker

Threads
you guys were right on it, I pulled the air filter out started it up and it ran good, I put the filter back in while it was running and it chocked it down. I put a new filter in and it runs good. thanks for the help.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
you guys were right on it, I pulled the air filter out started it up and it ran good, I put the filter back in while it was running and it chocked it down. I put a new filter in and it runs good. thanks for the help.

Still need to change oil. Good practice