Honda engines start up fine on pressure washers, then just quit.

tackleberry

Threads
  • / Honda engines start up fine on pressure washers, then just quit.
Honda Pressure wash engines start up fine, create advertised pressure and then just quit. They will start up again. I have checked the gas caps and they are venting. They will restart but will shut down again within 5 to 6 minutes. Both are doing the same thing. Any thoughts? one is a GX one is a GCT. Like i said, they start easily and run strong then just quit.

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
  • / Honda engines start up fine on pressure washers, then just quit.
Replace the spark plug. Could also start until it dies and shut off the fuel supply. After cooling remove the carb drain screw and make sure the carb has gas. If the bowl is full then start looking at other issues including the spark plug. if empty then you know you have a fuel restriction. Could also be something floating around in the tank or in the carb that is shutting off fuel flow.

The reason I mention the spark plug is because I see a start and die issue on Honda engine due to spark plug issues, and that even included the ATV's For some reason that like to short out internal to the plug and fail hot just like a heat sinked coil would.