Honda Carburetor Mysterious Part

Hondahelen

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Honda mower bought from Home Depot 6 years ago. I don't know the exact model number as it has been damaged (rubbed off). It's self propelled, auto choke, and probably an HRR217 or similar.

I've had the spring on the carburetor replaced 3 times at a reputable mower shop. Just bought a spring and decided to install it myself this time. The issue is a white plastic part that fits somewhere in the gasket/insulator assembly on the carburetor.

I've watched every Honda carburetor repair video I could find and looked at tons of diagrams but have not seen this part anywhere. It's round, flat, has a hole in the middle like a donut, and has 2 prongs. I thought it snapped onto the carburetor insulator but it doesn't seat flush against it. No gasket fits between it.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated as I don't have the money this year to take my mower to the shop. It's been raining and sunny so much my grass is out of control. My dog won't go out back now!
[ATTACHREUSE]

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230716-075207_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230716-075207_Gmail.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1382.jpeg
    IMG_1382.jpeg
    174.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Hondahelen

Forum Newbie
Threads
I should never have taken the carburetor completely off but the spring was so bent I couldn't get it unhooked. Lesson learned.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Helen,
I can not visualise what you are trying to describe can you please post a couple of photos ?

Hondahelen

Forum Newbie
Threads
Helen,
I can not visualise what you are trying to describe can you please post a couple of photos ?
I just added a photo in my original post. These are the only parts taken off my mower.

Attachments

• 20230716_075849.jpg
    20230716_075849.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 20230716_075925.jpg
    20230716_075925.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 39

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
First let's the model straight as I am not finding a HRR217 on the Honda site. Please the complete serial number of the mower.

Also is this the part you are referring too
1689513294572.png
As I have yet it used in the carburetor area.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Only time I have seen a part like that is as a stand off to hold the air filter away from the car mouth .

Hondahelen

Forum Newbie
Threads
First let's the model straight as I am not finding a HRR217 on the Honda site. Please the complete serial number of the mower.

Also is this the part you are referring too
View attachment 65912
As I have yet it used in the carburetor area.
Yes, it was on the carburetor. I'll see if I can find the owner's manual or serial number on the mower.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I've never seen anything like that used on a Honda engine and i can't think of what function it would serve.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I've never seen anything like that used on a Honda engine and i can't think of what function it would serve.
This is reason we got get the equipment actual numbers. Something currently just don't add up as I have yet anything like it either used. The OPsaid it been a shop 3X andyou know as well I do even good shops hires funkies to do the work.

Hondahelen

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Honda mower bought from Home Depot 6 years ago. I don't know the exact model number as it has been damaged (rubbed off). It's self propelled, auto choke, and probably an HRR217 or similar.

I've had the spring on the carburetor replaced 3 times at a reputable mower shop. Just bought a spring and decided to install it myself this time. The issue is a white plastic part that fits somewhere in the gasket/insulator assembly on the carburetor.

I've watched every Honda carburetor repair video I could find and looked at tons of diagrams but have not seen this part anywhere. It's round, flat, has a hole in the middle like a donut, and has 2 prongs. I thought it snapped onto the carburetor insulator but it doesn't seat flush against it. No gasket fits between it.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated as I don't have the money this year to take my mower to the shop. It's been raining and sunny so much my grass is out of control. My dog won't go out back now!
[ATTACHREUSE]
This is reason we got get the equipment actual numbers. Something currently just don't add up as I have yet anything like it either used. The OPsaid it been a shop 3X andyou know as well I do even good shops hires funkies to do the work.
HRR216
HRR216K10VKAA

Attachments

• IMG_1382.jpeg
    IMG_1382.jpeg
    174.6 KB · Views: 10