Repairs Honda 215 sx Mower

scalestick

Threads
Trying to determine the type of grease required for my self propelled unit .The unit skips when in second gear took it apart all well inside found the level on the outside is to loose made a new one (steel).The Honda dealer tells me I need Hydrostatic oil but the unit is full off grease(gear drive).Also the cable is at is very end any suggestion is appreciated.
Thanks
Scalestick

dfbrown

Threads
Trying to determine the type of grease required for my self propelled unit .The unit skips when in second gear took it apart all well inside found the level on the outside is to loose made a new one (steel).The Honda dealer tells me I need Hydrostatic oil but the unit is full off grease(gear drive).Also the cable is at is very end any suggestion is appreciated.
Thanks
Scalestick

Only the hydro trans i believe use hydro fluid. You have to look in owners or service manual for the type of grease like is it a # 1 or #2 grease. Robert @ Honda here on the forum could tell you everything about the process. I have only owned a couple with 3 speeds and not hydros but I am not sure on the gear drive. one thing i can tell you for sure is make sure the cables are adjusted to SPEC and do not shift speeds when moving. Put it in a gear and then push the self propelled lever and do not fan that lever. It is either on or off. I have seen them fail because of misuse of these 2 things. The hydro trans you can shift on the fly and fan the self propelled lever but on the (GEAR) 3 speed trans you are not suppose to do that. Just to let you know. Contact robert@honda and go from there as he is the best person to ask Period!