Honda 2113H / 2114 not starting

Barley Hill

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm new to the site and looking for some help.
I have a 1997 Honda HF2113 ride on mower. (image attached).
I'm having problems starting the mower. I've replaced the battery and fuse.
While I was inserting the battery I shorted the terminals.
When I turn the key nothing happens.

thanks in advance for any help.
cheers
Pat

Attachments

• HF2113H.JPG
    HF2113H.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 8

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm new to the site and looking for some help.
I have a 1997 Honda HF2113 ride on mower. (image attached).
I'm having problems starting the mower. I've replaced the battery and fuse.
While I was inserting the battery I shorted the terminals.
When I turn the key nothing happens.

thanks in advance for any help.
cheers
Pat

Hello from Honda (USA), Pat, and welcome...

Most Honda riding equipment has a safety interlock system, that prevents the engine from starting (or shuts it down) if certain control are not in the correct position or other conditions are not met. For example, your HF2113 will not probably start when the PTO lever is engaged ON. Similar conditions are in place for the shift lever, parking brake, and operator presence (seat switch). If any of these switches fail, or been damaged, the interlock circuit can't complete, and the tractor won't start.

Ideally, you should get a copy of the factory shop manual, which will usually provide a complete "won't start" troubleshooting section, including testing of all the parts of the interlock and starter components. That said, I understand such documents are typically not shared or sold to individuals outside of Honda dealerships in your location. You may wish to contact Honda U.K. customer relations and see if they can assist beyond just directing you to a Honda dealer:

[url]http://power.honda.co.uk/lawn-and-garden/useful-links/contact-us.html[/URL]