Holy #### it's hot

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
The dog days of summer are upon us. Saturday looks to be 105 in the NE Texas area and DFW.

101f today.
102f tomorrow.
105f Saturday.....

I don't know about you guys. But I just can't take this heat like I used to.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I couldn't take the heat when i was 18. Now at 63 and medicine that makes me hypersensitive to the sun i don't work in the sun unless i have to. Wife says it makes me grouchier than my normal turd self. I am the guy that shovels snow in shorts and a t shirt as long as the wind isn't blowing and i still sweat like a pig.

wrldtvlr

Threads
I spent a lot of time in Phoenix and never got over walking out of a restaurant after 10PM and still having the outside temp be above 100. The standing joke was that it was a dry heat. Joke because that was only true until all the watered golf courses were built and easterners put in irrigated blue grass lawns. Now the humidity is almost no different than Houston.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I'm 40 miles north of houston, Humidity is awful, when you sweat, there is NO evaporation, and when you try to focus on something it's hard with sweat in your eyes and dropping off your nose.

wrldtvlr

Threads
I'm 40 miles north of houston, Humidity is awful, when you sweat, there is NO evaporation, and when you try to focus on something it's hard with sweat in your eyes and dropping off your nose.
And messing up your glasses!

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not far behind you with these eyes. Took basic training in Ft. Jackson South Carolina in July and August way back when. Tolerable when you're 19 but that first day would kill me now in that place. Kind of a toss up for me which is worse, winter cold or summer heat here.