high pressure diesel fuel lines

snakejeep

Forum Newbie
Threads
Haven't posted here in quiet a while, but I guess this is a good time to start. I have a Simplicity 7790 diesel mower and some of the fuel lines have dry rotted and are leaking. Is there some way to tell the difference between the high pressure fuel lines and the other lines on the engine. Also, once I've found the high pressure lines, how are they removed and do they need to be taken to a hydraulic shop to have the right length made up. I'm a newbie at this, since I've never replaced any hydraulic lines before. Thanks for any help give.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
https://www.simplicitymfg.com/na/en_us/search.html?searchrequested=1690890

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...esel engine&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64.36919j0j8
Take pictures with phone first for routing purposes. Wear safety glasses!

Regard all diesel fuel lines as being under pressure because they are. Drain pan is necessary, disconnect fuel lines at connections located away from engine first, then proceed to fuel lines at fuel pump etc. Make sure to tell hydraulic shop they are for diesel fuel. After replacing fuel lines you will need to bleed air from system by cracking injector lines loose while starting. I would also replace fuel filter.
Yes engine should start & yes till you see fuel one at a time. Make sure fuel filter is full of fresh diesel fuel, you should have a primer pump for filter. Check engine oil level also.

Last edited:

snakejeep

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks mechanic mark for the info and resources. One more question if you will please. After I change the lines, do I bleed each of the ejector lines one at a time. So, when you crack the line a little and crank the engine, do you keep the line cracked until you see nothing but fuel coming out. Also, just curious, but would the engine possibly start up when your attempting to bleed the ejector lines. Just wondering what you would do if the motor did happen to start, or is that unlikely. Thanks for your time and response.