Hi to all

Kiwicut

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have joined as an owner of an out of date DR field and brush mower in need of advice. (8hp model with large skinny wheels) Love the machine but I managed to bend the cutting deck shaft and don't want to give up on her yet! Any suggestions? Parts are unavailable from the manufacturer. Thanks for any and all advice.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
:welcome:

If you post in the correct section (Small Engine Repairs) I'm sure you'll get a wealth of information :thumbsup:

I hope you get all the answers you need.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have joined as an owner of an out of date DR field and brush mower in need of advice. (8hp model with large skinny wheels) Love the machine but I managed to bend the cutting deck shaft and don't want to give up on her yet! Any suggestions? Parts are unavailable from the manufacturer. Thanks for any and all advice.

I have no idea what this shaft is like, but is it something you could have custom made at a machine shop. Just guessing a shaft with a pully on one end and the blade on the other with bearings in the center, can't be that bad of a job to have made?

Kiwicut

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks. I'll post in the small engine repair section. A machine shop is an option too. Funny, I am a retired machinist but with no access to machines!!

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
seeing how it is bent and really nothing to lose why not take a big hammer and see if you can bend it back. I have hear that this sometimes works with a bent mower crankshafts.

fastback

Threads
Depending on how bad it is you my be able to use a press to straighten it. I agree, turning a new one is the best way.