Repairs HHEEEELLLLP!!!!!!

Madraven45

Threads
ok so as yall can see, I posted photos of my project, so far, rebuilding a car would be easier than this mower. i found the shiny new photo somewhere on line that matches my mower (it's in the photos) but i have no clue what the model number of the murray mower is, all the numbers are gone!! can someone help, maybe they have one of these or know of a way i can get a model number without calling all over the world. I joined the forum in order to learn and then pass it on as i learn to restore my mower, I really learned quick that the briggs 7 stratton motor will practically pull a house. email me at madraven45@yahoo.com or send me a message on FB @denniswcochran.sr. I'm the grey headed retired ranger. thanks:eek: as i was ridinh this mower up hill the belt snapped and guess who had a joy ride backwards down into the lake and got pinned under this little monster? well i recovered but i still gotta find new belts HELP PLEASE
OK SO AM I RIGHT IN ASSUMING THAT THIS IS MY MOWER////////////////?????? model# 38608X92C ???
how do I know this is it?

Attachments

• my baby 022.JPG
    my baby 022.JPG
    344.5 KB · Views: 22
  • my baby 011.jpg
    my baby 011.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 15
  • my baby 012.jpg
    my baby 012.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 15
  • my baby 015.JPG
    my baby 015.JPG
    329.2 KB · Views: 12
  • my baby 016.jpg
    my baby 016.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 15
  • my baby 023.jpg
    my baby 023.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 31
  • my baby 013.jpg
    my baby 013.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 13
  • my baby 009.PNG
    my baby 009.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
The picture with the model and serial number, is that off of your murray?
If it is then thats the details you need.
Try and google the numbers.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you have the old belts see if you can get the numbers off them. If you still have the old belts and no belt numbers measure how long they are and go to NAPA and they should be able to help you.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I think that your basic model number is 38608. There were about a dozen different setups for this model. Here is one website that might help you.

http://www.oscar-wilson.com/MANUALS/MURRAY/38608X92C.PDF

Can you get a little better picture of the Murray tag and can you post the model, type and code numbers of the engine. Might be able to back track through the engine numbers to get the exact tractor model number.

Madraven45

Threads
The picture with the model and serial number, is that off of your murray?
If it is then thats the details you need.
Try and google the numbers.

no, those pictures are blank because the serial numbers are worn off. still don/t have a solution yet

Madraven45

Threads
I think that your basic model number is 38608. There were about a dozen different setups for this model. Here is one website that might help you.

http://www.oscar-wilson.com/MANUALS/MURRAY/38608X92C.PDF

Can you get a little better picture of the Murray tag and can you post the model, type and code numbers of the engine. Might be able to back track through the engine numbers to get the exact tractor model number.

the picture i posted shows that all the information on the model plates are worn off over the years. and i tried to do the bactracking also. i need to find as close to the model number as possible because the shiny new pic of this muray is my ultimat goal for restoration

Madraven45

Threads
If you have the old belts see if you can get the numbers off them. If you still have the old belts and no belt numbers measure how long they are and go to NAPA and they should be able to help you.

no olt belts are so far stretched and partially shreaded with no numbers. what i'm trying to do is a complete restoration of the mower all the way to it's labele thanks