Hertz car rental is dropping 20,000 EV cars for gas powered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

davis2

Threads
  • / Hertz car rental is dropping 20,000 EV cars for gas powered.
FWIW
The V 10's stick out like dogs balls down here where the bulk of the cars are 4 cylinder and most SUVs are diesel strait 4 or V 6 .
Hence the hideous design stands out in the memory.
Unfortunately since GM & Ford closed their factories here, all we get now are the hideously ugly US styled agro vehicles or properly designed UK cars that are amazingly unreliable or the just plain overpriced European vehicles with crap build quality ( they make Teslas look well made )
An acquaintance from the days when I used my education had a bit to say about the original subject of this thread
With the power you can get out of a V8, and power adders,who really needs a V10 other than maybe a huge construction machine?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
They may be "trouble makers" but they are right about the laws. I have known many police officers, sheriff deputies, and state troopers. Most are good, but the badge doesn't give them super powers to demand more than the law allows. They should know the laws they are tasked with ENFORCING!! Unfortunately , they also need to be able to control their emotions. Some can, some can't.
I worked along with them as a volunteer firefighter. Our jobs interested more than you would think. I've seen the bad and good. I've also served on a murder trial as a juror. By no means am I claiming to be any sort of expert, but have seen and experienced a lot. Life is one big learning experience...

Again, cops aren't robots. It would take a million TB computer to know all the laws.
But when you're having to deal with the general public morons on a day to day basis, people who will lie to know end, will fight and scream over the most retarded things, it takes a special type of person to be able to handle all that, and not lose your cool.

Give a look. It's a short video. Would you be able to keep your cool & composure with all this going on around you?
You're there to investigate gunshots, and are met with hoodrats.

Language warning.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I think that 4.3 V6 is the same basic engine I got in my 2000 S1500.

Mostly to just show off...

It just like those Gold color $399 sneakers that Trump is selling now. They are flashy but still wear out fast. I rather have my $50 Skechers as they wear out I can buy more easily instead of working a week or so just to pay for one pair.
View attachment 67819
So here is the truth about sneakers
There was only ever one pair of them and none will ever be made .The one & only pair were auctioned and were bought for $ 9,000 by the CEO of a russian company .
See the video below from about minute if you want to avoid the politics

DK35vince

Threads
So here is the truth about sneakers
There was only ever one pair of them and none will ever be made .The one & only pair were auctioned and were bought for $ 9,000 by the CEO of a russian company .
See the video below from about minute if you want to avoid the politics
Strange every article I read says 1000 pair were made and sold for $399 a pair

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Strange every article I read says 1000 pair were made and sold for $399 a pair
So you believe some thing that trump says ?
Go back to the trump web site and read the fine print
There are no shoes apart from the pair trump had at sneaker con
Read the sales conditions
The Midas Touch went through the whole thing just the same as they went through trump steak, the tump bed ware & the fungable tokens
All shell companies within shell companies within shell companies .
So they have taken 1,000 orders they have not sold a single shoe other than the sample pair
Checks the web page, no idea when they will be delivered , some time after June ?

remember trump is a real estate con man .
Ever gone past a block of new apartments & seen a "last one" or "all sold" then a week latter suddenly there are only 3 left
It is called FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out ) and it makes people open their wallets without thinking

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
There is a sucker born every minute.....And fools are soon parted from their money....

Status
Not open for further replies.