Help

slickstick260

Threads
I have older model briggs twin cylinder engine. The model#422707 The serial# 1228-01 the problem is on the flywheel the magnet have come loose. What kind of glue can use to hold them in. Ithought about some gorlue glue. Thanks for the info.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Gorilla glue expands do not use. I would use an epoxy.

slickstick260

Threads
Does any body have the answer. To regluing magnets to the back of a flywheel on a briggs engine. Thanks for you,re info.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well I hqve been researching this for a long while as I have a bunch of Kohler flywheels with loose magnets at a replacement cost of $ 700 each.
The epoxy company told me it would be too hot for epoxy and to use silicon.
The silicon company told me silicon was not suitable for this application
So when you get an answer I will be most interested.

primerbulb120

Threads
Are we talking about the outside magnets (for the ignition coil) or the inside magnets (for the stator)?

Bert, give me the model and spec numbers off of one of your Kohler engines and I'll contact Kohler about it.

mowerman05

Threads
What about high temp silicone, not sure of the ratings but I know it's used in some wood burning stoves for glass installation.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Are we talking about the outside magnets (for the ignition coil) or the inside magnets (for the stator)?

Bert, give me the model and spec numbers off of one of your Kohler engines and I'll contact Kohler about it.

The motors are all out in customers mowers resplendantly wearing their nice new $ 700 flywheels.
Kohler have been using the same flywheel casting in all their engines for a very long time.
The only difference inside is the size of the center hole and the size and number of alternator magnets .
Externally they get either 1 magneto magnets & a counterweight ( singles) or 2 magneto magnets & no counterweight ( twins) .
Command , Triad & Magnum engines have a forged crank which because it is stronger is smaller than the thicker , heavier , cast crankshaft used in the courage series.
This is why the Courage engines develope the "Kohler Krack" in the crankcase adjacent to the exhaust cam.

All the dead flywheels come from CH18's (ex Cub Cadet ) or CV18's ( ex Great Danes ) & a CH23 ( ex skid steer) .

slickstick260

Threads
I called one of my budies at a small motor shop. The answer was use reguler supper glue not genric brand but reguler supper glue. He works like a charm.
also i,am talking about magnets under the flywheel.