Help with Huskee Tiller - Mower is next

usergray

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey Everyone,
This site looks like it will be full of helpful info. I look forward to getting to know you all.

I found this site because I'm looking for help with my Huskee tiller/cultivator. It's an older model. Kind of a Mantis style little machine.

Too often I've had rocks get caught and it's finally taken it's toll. Here's the pictures that I have.

2012-04-05_15-24-46_524.jpg

2012-04-05_15-25-38_623.jpg

There is a brass gear on the shaft that spins the tines. The hear is totally eaten away. (I'll get a picture and post it soon).

I don't have any paperwork for this thing. I have no idea what the model is. I'm pretty sure it was made by MTD but that's all I really have to go on. Any ideas where to look for these parts? Thanks!!!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The gear you are looking for will cost you more than the unit is worth. Possibly $100+. If you really want one let us know and maybe I can find a part number.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did some checking last night, and from what I could find the gear you are looking for is only available as part of the gearbox assembly. Too expensive to replace. I suggest you put the $$$ you were going to spend on repair and use it to replace the unit.

usergray

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was afraid that would be the case. Thanks so much for your help.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnMowerForum!

I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. :smile: