Help to identify this strimmer make and model

Mickrick

Threads
*BUT*
It looks like the Stihl FS81/86 which were made by Zenoah aka: Redmax so he could look at these for parts.

Mickrick,
If I were you, I would try a carb for a Stihl FS74 FS76 HT70 HT75 FS80R FS85R FS55 FS45 etc. It is the same size cube. That's what I did with my 80's Zenoah trimmer.
Thanks for the tip

upupandaway

Threads
Got the machine running now (a little intermittently at time) - thanks for all your help.
As you can see from the first set of photos, I have this sort of trimming head; yellow with six drive lugs on the spool.
Can anyone tell me how you are supposed to advance the line feed on these heads as it's certainly not a bump head? Maybe loosen the nut, pull apart the spool and head and twist 60 degrees perhaps?
Thanks
Is the head orange plastic with the bottom like a big upside down cup that has like 8 holes that pins fall in???
If so, you pull it out then turn it to give it more string then the pins fall back into the holes.

With the pic of the threads, maybe you should look at the Stihl(again) FS36 head if u find doing this annoying. It looks familiar.

Mickrick

Threads
See if you can remove the arbor, it goes with the old trimmer head. See what is underneath. Just put a drill bit in the hole to lock things, but don't use too much force.View attachment 66604
Thanks for your reply.
If I lock the circular part above the arbor with a drill bit through it into the hole below, do I just then put a spanner on the square section and turn? If so, is it CW or CCW to loosen? If I do manage to get it off, I take it I can look for a replacement arbor (e.g. a Stihl compatible one) so that I can fit an 8" twisted wire brush weeding disc (which is what prompted the question about the thread designation in the first place)?
Thanks again

Mickrick

Threads
Is the head orange plastic with the bottom like a big upside down cup that has like 8 holes that pins fall in???
If so, you pull it out then turn it to give it more string then the pins fall back into the holes.

With the pic of the threads, maybe you should look at the Stihl(again) FS36 head if u find doing this annoying. It looks familiar.
It's as per this photo.
I've taken to loosening the bottom tri-lobe nut sufficiently to pull the spool far enough down to disengage the six lugs. I then turn it 60 degrees anti clockwise and pull on each of the two line ends to lengthen each by an inch or so. Repeat this far too often unfortunately as I'm strimming agains concrete so the working length shortens very quickly :(
Thanks for the tip about the FS36 - will probably need to change the arbor I guess?

Attachments

• PXL_20230702_151602640.jpg
    PXL_20230702_151602640.jpg
    766.6 KB · Views: 1

upupandaway

Threads
I just then put a spanner on the square section and turn?
That would just remove the adapter bolt Fish posted. That would leave u a bolt for a cutter head or the like which you would need to buy a LH\RH nut.
(sorry I just noticed now, the yellow head with 6 pins- same as mine just not orange and not 8 pins. I was thinking 8 off top of my head.)
When u remove the adapter, if u get a female thread, maybe the FS80 tap head bolt adapter to fit current tap heads fits yours...
Some one is selling them: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1443233688...nRiDF89flkgR5Uibahi3OYcvU=|tkp:Bk9SR_LgicDNYg

BTW, don't get a trimmer head with 2 dangling chainsaw chains. It was sold by echo and stihl back in the 80's until it was recalled. My fs80 actually had that head. I read the recall only after one of the chains came off. Lucky I still have both ankles.

Last edited:

Mickrick

Threads
That would just remove the adapter bolt Fish posted. That would leave u a bolt for a cutter head or the like which you would need to buy a LH\RH nut.
(sorry I just noticed now, the yellow head with 6 pins- same as mine just not orange and not 8 pins)

BTW, don't get a trimmer head with 2 dangling chainsaw chains. It was sold by echo and stihl back in the 80's until it was recalled. My fs80 actually had that head. I read the recall only after one of the chains came off. Lucky I still have both ankles.
Ouch!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes, the arbor comes off like a bolt/nut, reverse thread, and you can attach a blade, or another universal type head. They will come in a form like this.
head.JPG

Mickrick

Threads
Yes, the arbor comes off like a bolt/nut, reverse thread, and you can attach a blade, or another universal type head. They will come in a form like this.
View attachment 66618
Great - thanks again. And for the benefit of my 36" Stilsons, CW or CCW to loosen?

Edit: just re-read - CCW to loosen. Thanks.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
A blade kit will look like this.bladekit.JPG