HELP!...removing pulley.

Toptech

Threads
I am trying to remove the crankshaft pulley on a Cub Cadet with a 26 hp Kohler engine. The crankshaft bolt came right out and the PTO lifted right off. That is where the fun ended! I don't see any pins or set screws on the pulley that runs the hydro. I have sprayed it with kroil and let it set overnight. I have pryed on it, hit on it, heated it and used an air hammer to try and get it loose with no luck. If I tryed a pulley puller it would just bend the pulley. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance, Terry. :mad:

Toptech

Threads
Thanks Kenny. I did finally get it off by heating it really good and driving it off with an air chisel.

jerry1249

Threads
I am trying to remove the crankshaft pulley on a Cub Cadet with a 26 hp Kohler engine. The crankshaft bolt came right out and the PTO lifted right off. That is where the fun ended! I don't see any pins or set screws on the pulley that runs the hydro. I have sprayed it with kroil and let it set overnight. I have pryed on it, hit on it, heated it and used an air hammer to try and get it loose with no luck. If I tryed a pulley puller it would just bend the pulley. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance, Terry. :mad:

I just Did A cub 1050.I bought a 2 bolt puller and spot welded 3/8 bolts to the pulley shank. place the bolts and flat washers on the pulley prior to welding. the heat from the welder was enough to give it the free break. tighten the puller and slap with a hammer. continue this tight and slap until it moves. Note: too much heat may damage the crank seal,which will end up pulling the engine.. good luck. hope this helps.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have angle ground, and air chiseled more than one engine pulley off of a rider over the last 16 years.