Hello

Smokin Okie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone. I just joined this group and am looking forward to getting a little help from the group. I have a Ferris zero turn with a 27 HP Kawasaki motor that I can't get to start. Can someone point me in the right direction for the appropriate place to start a discussion? Thanks!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Re: Hello"

Welcome
Please start a new thread.
Go to the forums menu.
In the third grouping "Small engine & Mower repair click on the Kawakasi engine forum
In the title write something like FRX751 ( your model number) in Ferris ( Mower model number ) wont start.

In the text first post the full model number of the engine and the model number of the mower from the compliance plates.
Follow this with a description of what happened immediately before you problem and what is happening now.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

I've moved your thread on over to the Kawasaki engine section to give you a start.

Smokin Okie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the help getting started guys! I hope someone can provide me with some ideas. As I said earlier, I have a 61" Ferris zero turn with a Kawasaki FX751V motor. I shut it off last October and went to start It a couple weeks ago to add fuel stabilizer to the gas tank and it won't start. I always run fresh ethanol free fuel. It turns over but will not start... Just cranks and cranks. Doesn't sound like its even trying to start.

Here's what I've tried so far: Pulled the fuel line and I'm getting fuel to the carb, pulled both spark plugs and I'm getting fire on both plugs, removed the carb and cleaned it. It looked brand new on the inside. I've checked to make sure the choke is working properly too. Even tried splashing a little fuel in the cylinders after removing the plug. No luck with any of this. The mower was running perfectly when I shut it off in October... Really weird to me! Thanks in advance.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks for the help getting started guys! I hope someone can provide me with some ideas. As I said earlier, I have a 61" Ferris zero turn with a Kawasaki FX751V motor. I shut it off last October and went to start It a couple weeks ago to add fuel stabilizer to the gas tank and it won't start. I always run fresh ethanol free fuel. It turns over but will not start... Just cranks and cranks. Doesn't sound like its even trying to start.

Here's what I've tried so far: Pulled the fuel line and I'm getting fuel to the carb, pulled both spark plugs and I'm getting fire on both plugs, removed the carb and cleaned it. It looked brand new on the inside. I've checked to make sure the choke is working properly too. Even tried splashing a little fuel in the cylinders after removing the plug. No luck with any of this. The mower was running perfectly when I shut it off in October... Really weird to me! Thanks in advance.

Get some starter fluid and try spraying a LITTLE down the carb while cranking the engine after fitting nice new spark plugs.
If it works the good luck, warm the engine and add the stabilizer.
if the engine fires and dies then spray some more and try to keep the motor running with short squirts .
Success here then check the cut off solenoid under the carb.
These give a lot of trouble if left in a float bowl with water in it.
You will have to remove it, to check it is working properly they are very expensive to replace.

No joy then pull off the rocker covers and check that the valves are functioning properly and set the valve lash while you are there.
You will need a new pair of rocker gaskets part no 11061-0899 ( not a genius - just serviced a FX751 ).

Smokin Okie

Forum Newbie
Threads
bertsmobile1- I took your advice and bought new plugs and installed them. I tried getting it to run on small shots of starter fluid but had no luck. When I looked in the carb I noticed it was very wet with gas, even outside of the choke baffle. The old spark plugs were also wet with gas. So, I unhooked the gas line coming from the tank, so the carb wouldn't be getting fuel. I also drained all the gas out of the carb bowl. Then I turned the engine over with the choke open for quite a while. Finally, the engine started for a few seconds! So, it seems like the thing is just flooding badly. If I've already cleaned the carb, what would be causing the flooding issues? thanks for the help!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Water and corrosion in the float bowl are the prime suspects.
Not sure if you can get a c
float bowl kit for the motor.
Down here I can get a float, & needle as individual parts, but no float needle jet.
Some times you can get the gasket out of place which stops the float from cutting off the fuel

If the float valve is metal I have had luck poking a small BRISTLE brush on the Dremmel tool and giving it a clean.